A few oddities

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Digs

A few oddities

Post by Digs »

GTC is patched to v1.02; here are some things that I have noticed, that kind of get to me a bit.

1. Often when loading the game the sound doesn't play, it starts back up a different times; such as when in the "battlegroup screen" when the bagpipes play; or after launching a battle.

2. Allies often yell "take cover!" in a German accent.

3. Allies often yell "incoming!" in a German accent.

I haven't played a single game as the Germans yet, so I don't if there are any problems when playing as that side.
mickxe5

RE: A few oddities

Post by mickxe5 »

2 & 3 arent Allied voice cues, theyre the Germans reacting to Allied fire. You can change these to German language voice cues in Options->General-Soldiers speak->Native Language.

I find the enemy vox cues unrealistic in the info they give the player and replaced them with small arms fire from the games sound effects along with other tweaks to increase the fog of war.
Digs

Post by Digs »

That's funny because I always here the cues when I'm getting suppressed by those damned MG42s and 82mm mortars. I have the sound settings set to "native language", yet I hear them speaking in English. Like I said previously-I haven't played as the Germans yet, so I don't know what each of there sounds cues are like.
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

Something is amiss if you have 'speak native language' on and youre not hearing any German. Even when playing as Allies you should be hearing enemy distress cues.
Digs

Post by Digs »

Okay I just played a single battle as the Germans, and they do speak their native tongue, so I'm not sure why they speak in English when I'm playing as the Allies. As a whole, I'm very happy with the sounds in this game, when comparing them with the previous games in the series.

Return to “Tech Support”