Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Phantom hexsides

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Phantom hexsides Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Phantom hexsides - 5/5/2017 12:43:58 AM   
palioboy2

Hey guys I am playing a game and me and my opponent are fighting in Oz. I had a unit show up behind my lines, I assumed he had invaded from the coast but apparently he attacked through a hex that I have had units stationed at for weeks. He told me that he was able to just attack through it, which made no sense to me. But when he showed me a picture from the hex I realized it indeed had no hexside ownership for 4 of the 6 sides as you can see in the picture.

I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot. I am just not sure if this is a bug or working as designed as I have never seen it before. I own both hexes that my troops entered from, but I am 99% sure my units were in place before his unit arrived, should I not own all the hexsides except the ones he entered the hex from?

Thanks

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Phantom hexsides - 5/5/2017 12:53:03 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: palioboy2

Hey guys I am playing a game and me and my opponent are fighting in Oz. I had a unit show up behind my lines, I assumed he had invaded from the coast but apparently he attacked through a hex that I have had units stationed at for weeks. He told me that he was able to just attack through it, which made no sense to me. But when he showed me a picture from the hex I realized it indeed had no hexside ownership for 4 of the 6 sides as you can see in the picture.

I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot. I am just not sure if this is a bug or working as designed as I have never seen it before. I own both hexes that my troops entered from, but I am 99% sure my units were in place before his unit arrived, should I not own all the hexsides except the ones he entered the hex from?

Thanks

In the case when a hex has no units of either side in it, then unit(s) from both sides arrive on the same turn, none of the hex sides are owned by either side.

If later unit(s) from one side move into the hex, the hex side that unit crosses becomes owned by that side.

That is how it works as I understand it, and that should be enough to explain the situation you see now in your game.

(in reply to palioboy2)
Post #: 2
RE: Phantom hexsides - 5/5/2017 1:54:36 AM   
palioboy2

Okay that makes sense. I assume there is no way to figure out if we arrived at the same time other then just go back through the files and see if we did.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: Phantom hexsides - 5/5/2017 3:19:07 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: palioboy2

Okay that makes sense. I assume there is no way to figure out if we arrived at the same time other then just go back through the files and see if we did.

That's right. But over the course of time I have seen it enough to be pretty confident it happened here.

(in reply to palioboy2)
Post #: 4
RE: Phantom hexsides - 5/5/2017 7:50:21 AM   
palioboy2

I went back and looked and sure enough we had two units pop into the hex at the same time. No matter how much I play there is always something new to learn about the game!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Phantom hexsides Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI