Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD] JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Tech Support >> [WAD] JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD] JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9 - 4/30/2017 2:57:23 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

Save/Scenario included.

JSOWS in the scenario detonate over the IFV/Armor concentrations and do no damage and don't have any calculations in message log.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 4/30/2017 9:47:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9 - 4/30/2017 5:32:35 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

Ok I did further testing on this and occasionally about 2/10 tries the JSOW sub munitions will actually kill, so I was wrong that they do NO damage. The problem seems to be though that they lack killing power even against infantry in most cases.

Against MBT's though this seems to be working fine as in most cases they are damaged and destroyed rarely.

< Message edited by raptorx7 -- 4/30/2017 5:35:55 PM >

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9 - 4/30/2017 6:45:51 PM   
Dimitris

I'll have a look, but this sounds "reasonable". Dual-purpose submunitions typically sacrifice some of their soft-target potential (usually frag) in order to provide focused anti-tank capability (HEAT or EFP).

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 4/30/2017 6:46:36 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9 - 4/30/2017 7:00:31 PM   
Raptorx7_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

I'll have a look, but this sounds "reasonable". Dual-purpose submunitions typically sacrifice some of their soft-target potential (usually frag) in order to provide focused anti-tank capability (HEAT or EFP).

Yeah I think this is WAD, I was expecting more killing power for infantry but it seems like the bomblets are largely intended for LIGHT armor not heavy. When I check the BDA on the IFV's most are heavily damaged, but they usually aren't outright destroyed.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9 - 4/30/2017 9:47:33 PM   
Dimitris

Tested and confirmed WAD; the bomblets almost always damage vehicles & personnel units and sometimes also generate outright kills.

Post #: 5
RE: JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9 - 4/30/2017 9:54:37 PM   
Eggstor

I was going to wait until 1.12 was stable to send up my cluster bomb test scenario (using the APAM) because I strongly suspect the fix is going to be a lengthy one, but since it's being looked at, I'll do it now. The behaviors of cluster bombs in-game are rather complex, so it will be its own thread.

One thing I noticed that is specific to the JSOW is that the game log does not say whether it hit the target. Rather, if one is logging from the target side, the only things that appear are the damage caused.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Tech Support >> [WAD] JSOW BLU does no damage to IFV/Armor 1.12 RC.9 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI