1939 Storm Over Europe with a Stronger Poland

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
davidshq

1939 Storm Over Europe with a Stronger Poland

Post by davidshq »

What would have happened if Poland had been better prepared for the German Blitzkrieg?

I've taken the stock scenario for 1939 included with SC and made some minor modifications solely to Poland's initial units. Essentially, I replaced cavalry units with 1x Corps, 1x Mechanized, 1x Special Forces, 1x Army. I then increased the strength of each existing unit to 10 and I also added a HQ unit. This is the extent of the changes I made, but I think you will find it creates a significant handicap for the Axis.

Let me know if this sort of scenario interests folks, I'm thinking about writing some others, but want to see if there is any interest.

Possible future campaigns I've thought of might include:

- The British and/or French have provided a small force to Poland (instead of a stronger Poland).
- The Polish have entrenched their troops (no other changes).
- The Polish have moved their troops into better positions (no other changes).
- The Italians have a decent army at the beginning of the war.
- The Italians have a force in Africa.
- The Germans have a force in Africa.
- Spain joins the Axis early on.

etc. etc.

As you can see, there are any number of variations that could be done...I'd also be open to suggestions.

To start I'm looking at relatively small changes that could have huge factors on the outcome of the war. It is crazy to think how relatively small changes can be so tremendously influential!

Also interested in hearing suggestions on how I should refine this campaign or if any bugs are discovered. Since the changes are so simple, I am doubting there will be any...but famous last words. :)

You can download the campaign here.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”