updates help please

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Phoenix100

updates help please

Post by Phoenix100 »

Trying to get this game to work and confused about updates. On my base game I patched to 1124, then from the members only area I found an update which says 1.01.26a (1 Nov 2016). I used this and now my game says I'm running 1.8.1126a (July 10 2016). Confused, I am. Can anyone tell me what version my game should show if I patch with all the updates from the members area so I'm up to date? And how does 'patch 7' fit into this? I can't get patch 7 to open at all, so haven't managed to apply it - but is it not superceded by the latest beta in the members area (if that's dated 1 Nov 2016)?

Cheers.
Sardaukar

RE: updates help please

Post by Sardaukar »

tm.asp?m=3185062

That is the latest.

First thing is to patch with latest official patch and then michaelm's beta. While it is called beta, use it.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Thanks Sardaukar. Cant get it to run. But, assuming I get past that issue then do you mean I put it on top of 1124 or on top of 26a? Thanks.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

1126b is the last official update. You just click on the update button to get it.

What is the game doing that it's not working? Post screen shots....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Ok. Have managed to patch to 1126b now (patch 7). I was getting the graphics from my desktop bleeding through into the game, General Patton. In addition, I would open up a save, make a move and then hit next turn - nothing happens. Now I'm patched up I'll keep trying and see if it works beter now. If not, I'll post pics, try here again.....Thanks.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Sounds like Win10 issue.

Do not forget to grab the latest AI as the "old" one is "lacking" - this thread should lead you depending on scen you wanna play: tm.asp?m=4257473

Just for info, managed to update to latest off patch, latest beta patch, latest AI and used this all in Silver scen (updated scen2) and tried 20 or so test turns. No error or crash.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

OK, Delete and reload. After reload, click the update button and go to 1126b. Then add switches that you need. Everything should be good after that....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”