Advice Needed

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

BK6583

Advice Needed

Post by BK6583 »

Playing the opening turns of the 43-45 Campaign as the SU. Once I load up my armies, particularly the guards and shock armies and start moving them into attack positions, I'm at a loss as to what to 'fill' them out with. After loading them with corps combat units I usually have about 2 CPs left over. What should I use them for? I have airborne divisions, tank brigades, AT brigades, naval infantry brigades, on map engineer brigades, not to mention rifle divisions. I did read a post that recommended attaching the on map arty units to a different army HQ so I'm not going to use them to use up the two CPs. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”