A cold restart didn't help.
BTW, the dotNetFx exe files ran, but did not update as there was already a same or later version installed.
Failed to Load lua
Hmm. Running this one fixed it for me: A newer version of VC++ must be installed before starting up. To do this, run vc_redist.x86.exe from the "\PreRequisites" folder. Otherwise you may receive Lua-related errors/crashes on startup.
Maybe you should have purchased the T-Shirt. I hear shirts that say "I went to a Lua-oww! and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" are really in style.
When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr