We have an new update ready for Public Beta. If you have registered your copy of War in the West and/or War in the West: Operation Torch, you can download the latest beta update from here
• New Features and Rule Changes
1. Includes updated version of the living manual (v1.02) with all rule changes through 1.01.59.
2. Restricted naval movement of amphib HQs into ferry hexes under enemy's control (no longer allowed).
3. Changes to the river ice level (freezing/melting) rules: Blizzard: Major River +1, Minor River +2 Snowfall: Minor +1 (Max to 6) Cold: Major -1 Rain/H.Rain: Major -2, Minor -1 Clear: Major: -3, Minor -2
4. Reduced snow caused by blizzard (now increases snow 1-2 per turn).
5. The German armaments production multiplier in 1944 and 1945 is now x6 (was x5).
6. The German bonus manpower multiplier when Paris is captured is now x2 (was x1.5).
7. When the Italians surrender, the Italian active manpower pool is zeroed out.
8. Non-German Axis Allied units are now prohibited from transferring to the EF box.
9. When air units are moved from/to the EF Box, they are auto-changed to Luftflotte 1 (if going to EF box) or Luftflotte 3 (if going west).
10. When a national supply source ceases functioning as a national supply source, if the amount of freight in the depot is >50k tons, then it is set to 50k tons during the next friendly logistics phase.
11. Added a smart centering function, which centers when hex is invisible (CenterMapVis()). Function will be used by default during AI turn, air execution and logistics
12. Increased airfield expansion rate for airfields expanding from size 0 to 1 (initial build).
13. Added scenario load script for city ownership to follow hex control to clean up data inconsistencies.
14. Added code to auto-clean air directives attached to illegal units (ex. not air hq).
15. Rule Errata - Units suffer effects similar to "front line attrition" just from being in a hex with bad weather during the logistics phase. This is to account for a combination of sickness and weapon breakdowns that result from bad weather.
16. Rule Errata – AA units in a captured city that are successful in retreating, may end up in another friendly city (instead of an HQ).
17. Rule Errata – Airborne drops are allowed if a friendly airbase (supplied or isolated) is either in or adjacent to the target drop hex.
18. Improvements to first turn AI scripts – AI units are more likely to reach their final destination of the scripted first turn.
19. Improved German AI so they won’t leave units in ships in ferry hexes.
• Bug Fixes
1. Commandos and Rangers are no longer landing from Amphib TFs as part of invasions. Fixed.
2. German AI was moving fort units. Fixed.
3. Elements appear listed for the wrong side on battle detail tab. Fixed.
4. Major code clean up. Many fixes and changes to prevent stack corruption.
5. Fixed load/save in the root save folder.
6. Attached units are not reassigned when HQ unit withdraws. Fixed.
7. Fixed bug when exiting air transfer mode by pressing F1.
Added a smart centering function, which centers when hex is invisible (CenterMapVis()). Function will be used by default during AI turn, air execution and logistics.
8. The Logistics Event Log is always showing turn losses in the East Front as 0. Fixed.
9. Game crashed at the end of the Axis AI movement phase. Fixed.
10. The German bonus manpower multiplier when Paris is captured was being triggered incorrectly. Fixed.
11. If Show Types is enabled in the production screen there's a stray text character that appears just below "pool" column heading on top left. Fixed
12. Paradrop on airbase can cause airfield data to get screwed up. Fixed.
• Data and Scenario Changes
1. Minor changes/corrections in most scenarios.
2. Many changes to ground/device/gtype/ob data files.
3. Two minor changes in leader data.
4. Aircraft data change – removed import/conversion of Bf 109/Fw 190 single-engine Night fighters (not required anymore).