Guess this ship...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chickenboy

Guess this ship...

Post by Chickenboy »

Came across this good color picture that I don't think I'd seen before. Any guesses?

Attachments
Notgoingto..cheating.jpg
Notgoingto..cheating.jpg (198.54 KiB) Viewed 246 times
rogueusmc

RE: Guess this ship...

Post by rogueusmc »

South Dakota?
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

LST Express

Post by LST Express »

USS Texas?
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Arkansas? [&:]
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

USS Texas, I think. It appears to have the old casement gun positions that I think that era ship had.
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

The last WW1 era Dreadnought??

Attachments
IMG_9383.jpg
IMG_9383.jpg (357.51 KiB) Viewed 243 times

rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

USS New Mexico...
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

Well, I got the class right...it is a New Mexico class but it is the Idaho BB-42

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I'll admit to looking it up, but the picture is on Wikipedia.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

Well, I got the class right...it is a New Mexico class but it is the Idaho BB-42

Aye. The Idaho in support of Operation Iceberg.

ETA: 7 Battle stars! I didn't realize she was so active...she really got around. [8D]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

What is the condition of USS Texas presently? Heard she was having issues at her berth...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

I could swear it is USS Fort Drum.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Came across this good color picture that I don't think I'd seen before. Any guesses?

What is that water pouring out of the closed-off casemate? Draining the pool?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

What is the condition of USS Texas presently? Heard she was having issues at her berth...

Still in process of being totally restored yet still open to public. They even have overnight facilities available.

http://battleshiptexas.org/

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

What is that water pouring out of the closed-off casemate? Draining the pool?
The dishwasher broke down.

Either that or the captain wanted a completely 'dry' ship before entering combat. [:D]
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Still in process of being totally restored yet still open to public. They even have overnight facilities available.

Last I heard she would be high and dry after they're done as her hull is really in no shape to be in water, and it can't be fixed. At least not economically enough.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Damn I wish I lived near the coast where old and huge museum ships can be visited, but I am content with woods and hills too. I was at Wilhelmshaven and Dutch navy museum Den Helder, they have only smaller ships and subs, but nothing bigger than a DD..[:(] But both can be recommended esp. the Dutch one (a pretty big sub you can crawl through and nice museum!). Also Tank museum Munster plus army and airforce museums in Netherlands (base Soesterberg)
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Damn I wish I lived near the coast where old and huge museum ships can be visited, but I am content with woods and hills too. I was at Wilhelmshaven and Dutch navy museum Den Helder, they have only smaller ships and subs, but nothing bigger than a DD..[:(] But both can be recommended esp. the Dutch one (a pretty big sub you can crawl through and nice museum!). Also Tank museum Munster plus army and airforce museums in Netherlands (base Soesterberg)
warspite1

I feel your pain [:(]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

England has some huge ships to visit, eg. a cruiser and Victory... correct ? I was only in Southern England for some days so far, need to re-visit also Scotland
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

England has some huge ships to visit, eg. a cruiser and Victory... correct ? I was only in Southern England for some days so far, need to re-visit also Scotland
warspite1

Well I guess it depends on your view of huge. Yes we have the two cruisers - HMS Belfast (London) and HMS Caroline (Belfast) - and of course we have the old girl HMS Victory (Portsmouth) but we don't have any battleships or carriers [:(]

I visited HMS Victory a couple of months back and she looks a bit sorry at the moment [:(] as she is undergoing some pretty extensive restoration works. Her masts have been taken down to relieve pressure on the hull but the plan is that they will be returned as part of the project and she will be returned to normal and sit in all her imperious majesty at the home of the Royal Navy [&o]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”