Is trying to resist a viable strategy in 1941 ? I think i would have been in better chape with no more land lost by taking all my army in the caucasus to train during 1941....
My defense is completely useless.
First of all, remember that playing Pelton and HardLuck, you have gone up against two of the best German players out there. If you make a mistake you are punished, and as a relative rookie, like myself, you are bound to make plenty of those.
If I may give you my personal take on Leningrad, I would suggest the following for next time:
1) Make sure all units in the Neva River hex are of the same command. You had two units attached directly to the Northern Front, which gives you -10% to your CV.
2) Make sure that army is commanded by a REALLY good army commander. In my current game vrs Hermann, I use Vasilevsky.
3) Once you have your fortification to level three, disband the fortified zone and replace it with another infantry division (you can fortify to lvl three again with enemy adjacent).
4) Make sure there are plenty of Sapper Regiments available in your Neva river army (against Hermann, I have four).
5) Make sure to build Osinovets to fortification level three as well. Once the Germans cross the river, they have only one hex to attack Osinovets from. So you may argue that Osinovets is as strong a position as the Neva River hex (unless the Germans also take Pavlovo). Remember to stack Osinovets with three ready units so the defenders of the Neva river does not withdraw here.
6) When the Germans do attack the Neva river hex, it is good to have really strong airforces available. By that I mean two airfields stacked with LaGG-3's and/or Yak-1's (and someone like Novikov leading them). Forget about the I-Types and the MiG-3's for this. They are a waste of space in such a fight. Of course, my personal experience against Pelton may not be valid in this regard. I see that HardLuck uses a lot more fighters in the Leningrad bombing attack than Pelton did against me.
We need only to kick in the door, and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down.
Adolf Hitler, on the eve of Barbarossa.
There are only 10 kinds of people. Those that use binary numbers and those that do not.