Southern Storm

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Jo van der Pluym

Southern Storm

Post by Jo van der Pluym »

How is the progress with Southern Storm?
Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

It's better to be a Fool on this Crazy World
CapnDarwin

RE: Southern Storm

Post by CapnDarwin »

Work is moving along. We are doing a lot of code work, UI work, maps, and data file work as we roll of the Red Storm update. There is no release date at this time as we are into the early phases of the project. As we pick up some steam over the spring and summer we should be able to start talking about the changes and new features to be seen in the game here and hopefully on our website (the website is on my list to do, but near the bottom right now, just not enough free hours in a week to do it all [:(] ).
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
palowe

Post by palowe »

Here we are in March of 2018. Any significant movement with SS.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Palowe, we are in the process of coding in new features and working out optimizations for data handling to improve code flow and hopefully speed up game execution in a number of areas that were slow in Red Storm. We are also getting data files for the eight nations reformatted, refactoring and rebuilding the entire combat system and working on some art and other small things. We are looking also at website options, streaming possibilities (down the road of course), and documentation layout and revision controls. So we are staying busy in our "free" time. [:D]

Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Sorry to tell you all we've decided to stop creating any more games in the series. Too much work for the team, who are mostly doing this in their 'spare time'. So, Red Storm will be the one and only game in the series. Thanks for your support. We've appreciated each of you.

Well, okay, maybe we haven't stopped working on the next game in the series. Southern Storm will be as great a leap forward as Red Storm was. Lots of improvements to the system. When we get this game finished we'll be about 2/3 of the where we want to take the system.

It all takes time and as you may be aware many of the team hold full time jobs and do this in their 'spare time'.

No, we've not forgotten you.

We are heading down the road of publication for Southern Storm as fast as we can get there.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
MikeJ19

Post by MikeJ19 »

Hi Guys,

I have not been playing this lately, but I am still very excited about the series and looking forward to Southern Storm. Keep up the great work.

Mad Russian, you almost had me...

All the best
Mike

Retired Gunner
tbridges

Post by tbridges »

Very funny....hahaha
Tom

The easy way is always mined...
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

My day was ruined... for a moment...
ctcharger

Post by ctcharger »

ORIGINAL: spinecruncher

My day was ruined... for a moment...
Mine too! Don't do that!!

[:-]

[:D]
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

I'm still waiting for the news of SS...... It is almost half of the 2018 and no news yet? May we ask a brief development update so far (if monthly it would be great)? Or is this still under initial level yet which can't provide any description? I just wish to know at least when we could see the first glimpse of SS.... Can we see that within 2018?

Plus, I can't find my old posts in Flashpoint Campaign forum... Do the old posts being deleted automatically?

Thanks
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Exsonic01, not sure about missing posts. Check with support. As for Southern Storm, we are working on it. Rob is coding pretty much every day and working out bugs with Charles who is testing whatever Rob does. Jeff and William are working on a number of items I can't yet talk about. Steve is on deck and getting ready to start on scenarios in the very near future. I'm playing catch up with a brutal April that just crushed my free time and May is not turning a corner yet. I have done a ton of data work and hope to get back on our website so we can start showing and telling about the game. Maybe after Origins in 3ish weeks as that is also on my plate right now. More will be trickling out once we get back from the Convention. Hang in there. [8D]

ctcharger

Post by ctcharger »

The best way to pass the time is to play some PBEM!

[:D]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”