For the CONV-archive

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

TeaLeaf

For the CONV-archive

Post by TeaLeaf »

Another wrongly computed convoy route.
Only 1 convoypoint is needed in the Caribbean sea to save 1 oil point from Port of Spain to Kingston, Jamaica.
MWif takes 2 convoy points. It insists on shipping via mouths of the Amazon, and there is nothing I can do to tell it otherwise. I cannot manually change it. At least not in the way shown in the video tutorials.

Attachments
PortofSpain.jpg
PortofSpain.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 34 times
TeaLeaf

RE: For the CONV-archive

Post by TeaLeaf »

In case necessary, the savegame as well.
Note that in this savegame, I already moved an additional conv into the mouths of the amazon to correct.
In theory this could affect recreation of the bug.
Attachments
PortofSpain.zip
(1.48 MiB) Not downloaded yet
BrianJH

Post by BrianJH »

Here is another one, this is crazy, whats worse you can't override it!

I'm trying to route a build point from Melbourne Australia to the USSR via West Indian sea, other routes keep hijacking the CP there, when it plainly doesn't need to. How on Earth can there be any thought to a serious AI, when the AI is this dumb!

Attachments
RoutingMadness.jpg
RoutingMadness.jpg (202.7 KiB) Viewed 34 times
BrianJH

Post by BrianJH »

Here is my save game, during the CW Naval Movement. You should be able to undo the CP move to West Indian sea zone to contrast the negative effect of placing CP's in this sea area.

Brian.
Attachments
Game10Res..routing.zip
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

It hurts Allied (CW) production and oil saving every time silly routes like this are taken.
The Axis don't need a battle for the Atlantic anymore would be a little overstated, but the Axis convoy raiders certainly get a lot of help here.

From what I understand it is hard to fix the convoy system, but it has to be done at some point nonetheless, if you ask me.
Leaving it where it is now will be bad advertising for Matrix Games.

Therefore I keep reporting/providing information on most convoy related problems I stumble upon, in the hope it will help patching it up one day.

Return to “Tech Support”