Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ASW attacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ASW attacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ASW attacks - 4/6/2017 12:37:59 PM   
bushpsu

If I am using a plane like the Beaufort VIII that carries torps, are those used to attack a sub, or only the 500 lb. bomb it is also capable of carrying? If it will NOT use the torp, do I need to manually set the load to bombs?

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: ASW attacks - 4/6/2017 12:56:08 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: bushpsu

If I am using a plane like the Beaufort VIII that carries torps, are those used to attack a sub, or only the 500 lb. bomb it is also capable of carrying? If it will NOT use the torp, do I need to manually set the load to bombs?

Thank you.

No. AFAIK it will automatically use bombs. I don't always bother to change the settings either.

(in reply to bushpsu)
Post #: 2
RE: ASW attacks - 4/6/2017 2:54:52 PM   
crsutton

Witps has led you right.. This includes any torpedo equipped aircraft. You do not have to change the default loadout to bombs either. If set to ASW they will automatically use bombs.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: ASW attacks - 4/6/2017 3:15:38 PM   
bushpsu

Same automatic function for carrier planes? My TBFs CV runs out of torps during a battle so the planes get loaded with bombs?

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 4
RE: ASW attacks - 4/6/2017 3:20:31 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Witps has led you right.. This includes any torpedo equipped aircraft. You do not have to change the default loadout to bombs either. If set to ASW they will automatically use bombs.

And if set to naval attack, with a portion on ASW, the portion flying ASW will fly with bombs while the rest of the unit will fly any strikes with torpedoes (if set as such and available).

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 5
RE: ASW attacks - 4/6/2017 4:58:26 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bushpsu

Same automatic function for carrier planes? My TBFs CV runs out of torps during a battle so the planes get loaded with bombs?

If you run out of torps, bombs are automatically used even if the squadron is set for torps. In fact, if you have a few torps left but not enough for the whole squadron, the AI will load up the remaining torps first and then fill out the rest of the squadron with bombs. Naval attack includes both, so I think the AI just adjusts the attack profile during the attack calculations based on the munitions carried.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to bushpsu)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ASW attacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI