What do you do with all the anti-air units?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

PaulWRoberts

What do you do with all the anti-air units?

Post by PaulWRoberts »

At the start of the 1943-45 campaign, both the US 5th Army HQ and the BR 2nd Army HQ are loaded down with all sorts of light and heavy AA units. What do people generally do with these?

I understand that you don't want to attach AA to individual divisions, but where do players put all these units? Do you distribute them evenly among Corps HQ? Do you attach them to airbases? Or what?

loki100

RE: What do you do with all the anti-air units?

Post by loki100 »

I find they are pretty useful at corps and divisional level. The Germans have enough armoured formations and the additional firepower is welcome - at least for the lighter and medium ones.

By late 44 I do start to disband some of the heavier ones. You don't really need your admin pts for all that much by then and it releases some useful manpoer.
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

Will AA fire at armor?
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I will move a bunch into ports to punish the germans for trying to bomb them. Especially just after d-day
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Bismarck2761

Post by Bismarck2761 »

As the Allies, how do you attach individual AA units to ports or airfields?
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Click ASSIGN/FORM in the City Detail Screen.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

The HQ that is holding the AA units will probably have to be on the same continent as the ports you are trying to assign them to.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”