Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/7/2017 12:14:20 PM   
RogerBacon

Yep, that's the ship design image missing error.One of the ship images is missing in one of the ship families. Someone else had the same issue with their game. You can search through the thread and see how he solved it. It's probably the same image missing. I'm writing on a cell phone so it's not really good for forum searching.

(in reply to gazdadude)
Post #: 331
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/8/2017 10:24:06 AM   
BTAxis

That's what I was experiencing too, but it seems to have randomly stopped for me. Note that this is NOT the issue with missing graphics, I still have no idea what that's about. That only happens with Starfall Corrected (as far as I know), and it does NOT go away if you copy the stock ship families.

(in reply to gazdadude)
Post #: 332
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/11/2017 7:53:18 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.52 released

A few small changes
Changed war weariness so that it does not magically reset to zero as soon as wars are over. Now it decays gradually.
Removed where the game would set a colony's population to 10 million if it was less than 10 million after an invasion. This was causing small asteroid colonies to shoot up to 10 million after an invasion.
Edited some other places that had population checks for less than 10 million to take in to account small populations.

Exposed some new variables for editing via the BaconSetings file. None of the default values are changed since I have no time to test them. I just opened them up for people to play with.
shipMaintenanceCostPerSizeUnit=1
shipMarkupFactor=5
shipMarkupFactorPirates=2.5
warWearinessMax=40

Thanks to Larry and his playthrough series for pointing out how war weariness worked. I never noticed it before.

(in reply to BTAxis)
Post #: 333
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/11/2017 11:33:08 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

Version 1.52 released

A few small changes
Changed war weariness so that it does not magically reset to zero as soon as wars are over. Now it decays gradually.
Removed where the game would set a colony's population to 10 million if it was less than 10 million after an invasion. This was causing small asteroid colonies to shoot up to 10 million after an invasion.
Edited some other places that had population checks for less than 10 million to take in to account small populations.

Exposed some new variables for editing via the BaconSetings file. None of the default values are changed since I have no time to test them. I just opened them up for people to play with.
shipMaintenanceCostPerSizeUnit=1
shipMarkupFactor=5
shipMarkupFactorPirates=2.5
warWearinessMax=40

Thanks to Larry and his playthrough series for pointing out how war weariness worked. I never noticed it before.

No worries! I appreciate the breath of fresh air to the game.

I've already recorded my next session for upload, but should have this version installed for next time.

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series:
Bacon Mod LP
Tiny Teekan LP

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 334
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/12/2017 8:24:08 AM   
Nobody987

Hello Mr. Bacon,

one thing that bothers me is the thing that design templates for ships and bases are loaded only on game startup and there is no way to change designs mid game.
So if I want to switch from missiles to better phasers during the game, AI will still auto design ships with missiles ignoring phasers.

My question is, is there a possibility to 'force' game to acknowledge changes made in design template file so that we can switch designs?

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 335
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 11/12/2017 5:31:00 PM   
Canaris_PL

quote:

OK, here is the first teaser pic from the mod. Let's make a game of this. Can you spot the mod?

Canaris_PL, if you are still playing Distant Worlds, your wish from two years ago is about to come true.

Holy ****, absolute mad man ...

EDIT : is there some instruction on how to use Bacon with Extended Universe and those merge files ? Im feeling kind dense here ...

< Message edited by Canaris_PL -- 11/12/2017 5:40:17 PM >

Out of the way Xeno scum, Humanity coming through !!!!!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 336
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 11/13/2017 12:00:05 AM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canaris_PL

quote:

OK, here is the first teaser pic from the mod. Let's make a game of this. Can you spot the mod?

Canaris_PL, if you are still playing Distant Worlds, your wish from two years ago is about to come true.

Holy ****, absolute mad man ...

EDIT : is there some instruction on how to use Bacon with Extended Universe and those merge files ? Im feeling kind dense here ...

Full instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6pCLoOHY2Q

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series:
Bacon Mod LP
Tiny Teekan LP

(in reply to Canaris_PL)
Post #: 337
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 11/17/2017 1:46:56 AM   
RogerBacon

In making and releasing the Bacon Mod I've generally tried to not include things that others can do. One area is ship templates. Those are plain text files that users can modify to their own liking. However, if you aren't making some changes to them then you aren't getting the most out of my mod. For example, "science ships" are explorers with labs on them. Unless you add labs to the racial templates for exploration ships they will never put labs on them. Also, the templates only have one weapon on the private ships. I modded mine to take in to account the greater weapons the Bacon mod allows. Here is a picture of a well armed freighter of an AI empire. It has as much fire power (and significantly longer range) than my cruisers.

And here's a not so well armed battleship from the same empire.

The circles around the ships are weapon ranges, which will be in the next version of the Bacon Mod.

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 338
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 11/17/2017 6:04:36 PM   
Osito

In the past I have made modded maps, and I found that it was impossible to create a map with more than 1400 stars without causing the game to crash. It might take 20 years, or it might take 100 years, but eventually the number of stars would cause the crash.

I was just wondering whether the 2000 star setting in this mod's game menu manages to avoid this issue.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 339
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 11/17/2017 6:33:13 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osito

I was just wondering whether the 2000 star setting in this mod's game menu manages to avoid this issue.

All I can say is so far so good. We've had it out for awhile with no reports of crashes. I've played a 2000 star game to completion but it didn't take anywhere near 100 years.
There are no hardcoded array limits for the number of stars so it should just be a matter of memory. By the time you get late in the game it Is ships that are taking up most of the memory.

I'm glad to see your post Osito. I plan to credit you with inspiring a little bonus project I plan to release next week.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 340
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI