CMANO and NI 1.11 SR7 (Hotfix 2) Patchnotes

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Daniele

CMANO and NI 1.11 SR7 (Hotfix 2) Patchnotes

Post by Daniele »

Hi everybody!
Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations and Northern Inferno have been updated to version 1.11 SR7 (Hotfix 2)!
This new version brings a lot of improvements, including an improved version of the Korean Missile Crisis scenario, it fixes a "stutter" issue that popped up after the last update and a much improved ASAT logics!

You can download the link from here

CMANO Public Members Area

CNI Public Members Area

v1.11 SR7 Hotfix 2 Changelog

#11428 - DB3k: Update Burke and Tico Torp Mounts and Mags to be Mk54 Dominant
#11330 - [DB3k Update] Thailand IOCs KS-1SM/HQ-12 SAM
#11427 - DB3k; Add AR-2
#11425 - DB3: Add Hypothetical EV-22E Crowsnest Variant
#11413 - DB3k: UK Sea Skua out of service 2017
#11423 - DB3k: Cuban MiG-23 Checks
#11415 - Air-launched Harpoons, Sea Eagles, etc etc do not use waypoints
#11434 - [B920] 'CAPTOR' mine engages target it cannot hit
#11457 - DB3K; Add Saudi Arabian CH-4B Drone (2016)
#6331 - DB3k Update; Myanmar Airforce Units
#10200 - Myanmar Navy Updates
#11455 - DB3K Add HT-16PGJ Manpads and Sextuplet Mount for Myanmar Navy
#11446 - DB3k: Make sure all apache's have quick turnarounds
#11447 - DB3k: Look at swordfish UUV sensors
#11448 - SM-3 Needs to be able to intercept higher speed targets to be useful as ASAT
#11486 - DB3k: GBU-49 for USAF F-35A

• FIXED: Illumination issue with Hellfire and Standoff Setting
• FIXED: Silent crash when firing guided projectiles
• FIXED: BOL Launch orders don't survive a game save/restart
• FIXED: Crash when clicked on ship magazine button
• FIXED: 1000 lb bombs (proximity blast) damaging hardened shelters significantly
• FIXED: BOL Launch (Ctrl-F1) allows allocating within min range
• FIXED: JASSM range varies
• FIXED: "Out of target-range; distance to target is 0nm" message when assigning units to strike
• FIXED: Aerostats all start at RTB so all dive etc. into the default RTB flight parameters
• FIXED: Facilities with high aspect ratio (e.g. runways) screw up the CEP-based direct-hit determinations
• FIXED: Speed of some satellites reported as negative
• FIXED: Unable to see projected orbit of non-friendly satellite
• FIXED: Gameplay Pulsing/Stutter/"Hiccup"
• FIXED: Improved speed on scenario-loading
• FIXED: Unit Cloning causes corrupted scen saves
• FIXED: Creating new mission and opening Mission Editor does not display times correctly
• FIXED: AGM-65 Maverick descend rate

• ASAT calculations are much more reliable; as a result ASAT-capable units have a lot more valid shot opportunities

• Added loiter ability for tactical decoys that have the flag

• Includes updated version of the "Korean Missile Crisis" scenario. Changes include:
o Tweaked the start scenario event slightly
o Replaced the KN-06 with updated DB entry
o Upgraded South Korean and US SAM systems
o Upgraded the US F-16s in Korea to the CM versions
o Added No-Nav zones to corral North Korean MiGs
o Briefing adjustments & message tweaks
o Mission tweaks
o Moved Aus FFG
o Adjusted US Tanker disposition
o Added a series of ‘Win checks’ to end the scenario
o Adjusted the US and Russian VP thresholds up
Primarchx

RE: CMANO and NI 1.11 SR7 (Hotfix 2) Patchnotes

Post by Primarchx »

Looking forward to the updated Korean Missile Crisis scenario!
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Daniele,

Can you explain something for me? I just updated Command with the HotFix. The update is supposed to include an update to the Korea scenario. I'm sure that it does, but I can seem to be able to see it. When I look at the date of the scenario's original files, it all seems to be the same as when I originally received it. Can you tell me how the game managed to update the scenario without changing the listed files? I assume that it is somehow built into the update. Can you tell me where that is in all of the listed files? I'd just like to have an understanding of how you can change something like that.

Thanks

Doug
Eggstor

Post by Eggstor »

Look at the "Date modified" column in File Explorer. At least on my Steam install, that date on the .scen and .ini files associated with the Korean Live scenario is 4/3, the same as the updated main command.exe file.

Two more tells - the updated scenario uses the 461 database (the original used the 447 database), and the wording of the second paragraph in the scenario description changed from "...has been making extremely provacative boasts..." to "...made extremely provacative boasts...".
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Thank you!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Thanks for helping.

I guess that I didn't explain things very well.

I did complete the update. I am now using Build 906.26, it was 906.25. I do see db 464, I was using db 461.

My Command.exe file is dated March 30, 2017. Contained in the download is a text file describing THIS update. It has all of the same listed data. The text file for this update is dated March 29, 2017. As a way of checking on the update, I did find that some of the new db items listed in the first message of this thread have been added to the db. So, everything appears to be good.

I forced a Deep rebuild of the scenario. After doing all of that, the Korea Missile Crisis file in the LIVE sub-folder of the Scenario Folder STILL indicates that the file date is March 21, 2017, which is the same as it was BEFORE I applied the update.

My question pertains to the scenario. The game files seem to have been updated, but the scenario file still seems to be stuck on March 21, 2017. Do you get the new scenario with the game update, or do I have to re-download the scenario? How do I get an updated scenario? Or, was it actually updated, and I just don't see it. I no longer see the Australian ship in the straights.

I did not use the Stream download.

Thanks

Doug
Eggstor

Post by Eggstor »

Can't speak to the Matrix version, but a new copy of the Korean Missile Crisis was part of the 906.26 Steam update. Based on what happened after you did a deep rebuild (I assume you saved after the deep rebuild, as that process does not auto-save), I suspect the date you're seeing is the "Date created". That won't change even if you update.

Edit - March 21 would be after the release date of the 906.25 hotfix (released 3/17), so you definitely did have the updated scenario.
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Thanks again.

In the new scenario, where is the Aussie ship? I can't seem to find it, although it is still listed in the OOB. Was it removed? It's absence from its usual location allows me to believe that I do have the updated version. It's just the date thing on the files is what surprised me. The Command.exe date changed (as it should), but the scenario date didn't. That's why I asked the original question: Are parts of the scenario somehow embedded into the actual game file itself?

Thanks again.

Doug
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Doug

The Aussie ship should be about 100 miles further north east almost entering the Tsushima Straights. Another quick method to tell is check the SK AD units, if the Niki Hurcs are gone you have the new file.

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Thanks for that info.

Two more quick questions:

1. The scenario starts with most of the NK land based radar units turned off. Is this how these units usually operated. I always thought that a country (any country) that had positioned radar units on the border woul usually operate in the active mode. Did this change, or am I just wrong about tactics?

2. The US TLAM strike lists about 100 targets, or so it seems. If the game is being played from the Russian side, the Mission will launch all of the US TLAMs. How does the program go about allocating all of these targets? Does it do one each? Does it start with a priority list, such as this is the most import and it takes 12, next is this and it takes 8, or something like that? In other words, how well does a Mission actually go about handling a strike like this with so many targets? If I list all of those targets, how sure am I going to be that they will all get it? And, if not all, which ones?

Thanks again.

Doug
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Doug

WRT the radars, I think that in principle you're right, the locations are known so no point trying to hide. But NK's radars are old, and spare parts are hard for them to get - so I only turned on enough to cover the approaches, relying on the self preservation mode to turn on the rest if there is incoming. I think this is reasonable given routine maintenance and equipment preservation. I could be wrong and am not wedded to the point, but that's the call I made.

WRT the TLAMS, I didn't do a whole lot of calculation to determine the most effective use of them. That mission is for the AI and the effect I wanted was for the Russian to see a massive swarm of the buggers coming and say - aha, the Americans are doing as expected. I do not really know the answer to your question but also didn't want to make the Russian job too easy by being exacting in that targeting.

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Thanks so much for the response.

I really enjoy this scenario. It's a very clever approach to the situation, and I really like it. Having played it from every angle, several times, I have begun to explore other possible ways of altering the scenario and outcome. One of those is to turn on all of the surface radars. That certainly restricts some of the US attacks from coming in without notice. When I watched Dr. Zaius' attack on You Tube, the one where he managed to catch all of the planes flat footed and still at their bases, you have a huge degree of success with the scenario. On another occasion, I attempted a coordinated attack firing the sub-launched TLAMs to arrive at the same time as the ship-launched TLAMs to guarantee the success of my attack, but learned that the time factor kicked in. NK went Hostile BEFORE my coordinated attack could actually make it there. So, this is a really good scenario.

WRT the TLAM attacks, and any attack in general, I was just wondering about the method that the program uses to determine what units were to be attacked, and by how much ordinance. I suppose that you could have made specific ship-by-ship, missile-by-missile, target-by-target, attack preparations, with each having its own mission, but that would take forever to do. I may attempt that in the near future, just to see how that works out.

Thanks again for a very unique approach, and perspective, into this very topical, and very interesting, situation.

Doug
solops

Post by solops »

I have been afraid to update my game from due to the mess with the removal of game features like replay. Does this patch do that? And what other patches are required other than this Hotfix?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
Slick91

New install version order?

Post by Slick91 »

Quick question: I'm (re)installing CMANO:NI on my new laptop.

My original file download was SetupRelease-v109.
I then have the cumulative update of UpdateComp-v111.
Next is all of the SR updates SR6, SR7, SR7-1, SR7-2.

Do those need to be installed all in order or can I jump from SetupRelease-v109 straight to UpdateComp-v111SR7-2...?

[&:]
Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
VPaulus

RE: New install version order?

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Slick91

Quick question: I'm (re)installing CMANO:NI on my new laptop.

My original file download was SetupRelease-v109.
I then have the cumulative update of UpdateComp-v111.
Next is all of the SR updates SR6, SR7, SR7-1, SR7-2.

Do those need to be installed all in order or can I jump from SetupRelease-v109 straight to UpdateComp-v111SR7-2...?

[&:]
You have to install the game with the 1.10 installer (CommandMANO-CommandNI-SetupRelease-v110.zip).
Then you can update with SR7-2 (CommandMANO-CommandNI-UpdateComp-v111SR7-2.zip).

If you have the games registered in your account, you can download both files (1.10 installer and SR7-2) from your member's account.
ZoroastroBR

Post by ZoroastroBR »

Been playing the Korean Missile Crisis scenario again, and the two Alright Burke are running out of fuel! Real fast! 2h30min into the scenario and they are out of fuel.
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

You have to rebuild the scenario before you play it. If you do that, then the cockpit vusual will work, along with the fuel. Without it, it won't. Also, by rebuilding, you will see that almost all of the Tomahawks have been placed on two ships, instead of being spread out.

Doug
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Scenario rebuilding and CMANO Motherhood Statement 101. When rebuilding the scenario do not forget to reset the Start Scenario event to Active (it fires when the scenario loads), clear the message log and to perform a deep-rebuild while applying the Korean Missile Crisis.ini file included in the LIVE folder in the process. Then save the rebuilt scenario.

-C
ZoroastroBR

Post by ZoroastroBR »

ORIGINAL: Randomizer

Scenario rebuilding and CMANO Motherhood Statement 101. When rebuilding the scenario do not forget to reset the Start Scenario event to Active (it fires when the scenario loads), clear the message log and to perform a deep-rebuild while applying the Korean Missile Crisis.ini file included in the LIVE folder in the process. Then save the rebuilt scenario.

-C

How on Earth do I do that??? I need to do that for every scenario I replay???
fatgreta1066

Post by fatgreta1066 »

dd

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”