Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second standalone expansion

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Daniele

Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second standalone expansion

Post by Daniele »

Ater the great success of Northern Inferno, WarfareSims and Matrix Games are proud to announce Chains of War, the second standalone expansion of Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations!

A new generation of warfare is about to commence. In a world where the speed in communication is the blood of modern armed forces, new weapons are being developed to protect – or to poison – this blood.

Through 12 thrilling campaign scenarios, you will experience a full escalation in conflict over the Pacific Ocean between the United States and China, in which the high level of technology has broken all the old rules!

Or go back in time and experience conflict in 4 different historical hotspots!

Are you ready for the next level of War?

- NEW! Communications disruption by network/cyber attack or any other arbitrary factor: Isolated units realistically limit their tactical awareness to only what they themselves can detect and engage, and are completely on their parent side of control. Say goodbye to Borg-view of the battlefield!

- NEW! Cargo, landing and airdrop operations. Load mobile forces on ships, aircraft and even submarines, and unload them on any suitable point on the battlefield. Platforms are realistically limited by volume, weight and crew on what they can transport.

- NEW! Comprehensive damage model for aircraft. Aircraft may be shot down outright or receive damage that will still allow them to limp back home. Different aircraft can absorb different punishment on their fuselage, cockpit and engines. Depending on the amount of damage received a plane may be "mission killed" if its repairs take so long that it misses the fight.

- NEW! Advanced weapons for the new age of war. Tactical EMP weapons, railguns, high-energy lasers and more!

Get more information about Command: Chains of War from its official Product Page!

Command: Chains of War can be played as a separate game (with the possibility to upgrade it to the base game with all the available database and scenarios at any point in time). Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

npsergio

RE: Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations second standalone expansion

Post by npsergio »

Great news!
It's clear that the campaign is about a chinese-us conflict.
Any insight about the other four extra scenarios?
Cik

Post by Cik »

neato
Raptorx7_slith

Post by Raptorx7_slith »

I'm throwing my money at the screen!

When is it coming out? [:D]
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

Holy Moly!
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Looks great, sign me up. I will purchase when released.
Peter66

Post by Peter66 »

Can't wait. Great work keep it up!
"Is game hard to pick up?" <- easier to pick up than most women.
BradOrbital

Post by BradOrbital »

Sounds good guys. Until I get this, would the cyber ops be available for scenario designing in the complete CMANO or is it only enabled with the DLC? Trying to plan.
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

Looks awesome! Can't wait!

*sees this*
NEW! Advanced weapons for the new age of war. Tactical EMP weapons, railguns, high-energy lasers and more!

[X(] *immediately starts plans to upgrade USS Iowa from BB-61 to BBRL-61* [:D]
Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

I assume that the features in this standalone will be present in the main game as well? Also, will be getting another main game update before this releases, or is this going to be in the next update?
lamboman43

Post by lamboman43 »

This looks to be REALLY exciting. As the others are asking, will the new features (communications disruption, cargo, etc.) also be coming to the base game? I'll probably buy the expansion regardless, but it would be awesome to have all those capabilities for other scenarios as well.
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

I think that the new features are usable outside the campaign, but only if you buy the expansion, but would like official confirmation

Also would like to know if the four bonus scenarios are related to US-China confrontations (Taiwan Strait Crises; the P-3 incident in 2001) or from all over the world
lowchi

Post by lowchi »

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert

I think that the new features are usable outside the campaign, but only if you buy the expansion, but would like official confirmation

you are right. mike confirmed this on the cmano fb page.
ZoroastroBR

Post by ZoroastroBR »

Hummmmm....

Hope this isn't an early April Fools Day joke!
Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

From the screenshots, it looks like South Korea will be neutral to the US in this campaign, and North Korea is hostile to china as well. Seems odd, but I'm sure the backstory to the campaign will explain. Also, will Taiwan be included?
JamitovHymem

Post by JamitovHymem »

Looks great

Will the regular commercial edition of the game ever have a chance to get the communication jamming simulation that the PRO edition has?

It might be a good idea to split the J-20 into several different versions:
The 2016 low rate initial production version with no PL15 and PL10
The 2018 version
and maybe a 2022 version or something for the WS-15
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Excroat3

From the screenshots, it looks like South Korea will be neutral to the US in this campaign, and North Korea is hostile to china as well. Seems odd, but I'm sure the backstory to the campaign will explain. Also, will Taiwan be included?

South Korea isn't neutral. North Korea isn't hostile to China. Taiwan is included.

Mike
Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

ORIGINAL: Excroat3

South Korea isn't neutral. North Korea isn't hostile to China. Taiwan is included.

Mike
My mistake, I now see that both the screenshots I was referring to are standalone scenarios.
giantsquid

Post by giantsquid »

Great news. I will buy it istantly.
Good works devs
Francesco
BradOrbital

Post by BradOrbital »

Ok thanks lowchi.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”