Independent coloney = free conquest

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

RogerBacon

Independent coloney = free conquest

Post by RogerBacon »

I've found that I never have to research colonization tech (swamp, ocenat, volcanic, etc.) anymore. All I have to do is find an independent colony, invade it, and use its population to build colony ships. Its easy enough to find independent colonies that are native to each planet type. Once you have them found the colony you can ship your own people there (and remove the original race if desired).
Independent colonies only have a couple of troops so its super easy to conquer them. I think independent colonies should have as many troops as a home planet. A single troop ship with 6 troops shouldn't be able to conquer a population of 500+ million.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
btd64

RE: Independent coloney = free conquest

Post by btd64 »

Interesting find. Or cheat, I guess. How is the conquered pop going to built a colony ship it they don't have the tech? If a planet with 500+million pop doesn't have the troops, Then you can take the planet with 1 troop ship....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

How is the conquered pop going to built a colony ship it they don't have the tech?

A planet can build a colony ship of the majority population without researched knowledge. Of course you need the beginning colony tech. Also removing the original race with your own will change what colony module you can use. The majority population dictates what colony ship will be built.

btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970
How is the conquered pop going to built a colony ship it they don't have the tech?

A planet can build a colony ship of the majority population without researched knowledge. Of course you need the beginning colony tech. Also removing the original race with your own will change what colony module you can use. The majority population dictates what colony ship will be built.

Though so. Had to double check....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Kull

Post by Kull »

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

I think independent colonies should have as many troops as a home planet. A single troop ship with 6 troops shouldn't be able to conquer a population of 500+ million.

That would make the "pirate game" pretty much impossible to win. At least when playing pirates as the human player, you need to outnumber the garrison in order to raid successfully. Control of independents is a key factor in pirate success.
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: Kull
ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

I think independent colonies should have as many troops as a home planet. A single troop ship with 6 troops shouldn't be able to conquer a population of 500+ million.

That would make the "pirate game" pretty much impossible to win. At least when playing pirates as the human player, you need to outnumber the garrison in order to raid successfully. Control of independents is a key factor in pirate success.

That's true. I don't play pirates anymore. It was too frustrating trying to keep the economy afloat when my pirate empire was constantly buying huge quantities of resources.
Raids should not face the entire planet's army. It's a raid, not an invasion after all. I'll have to think about that before I pump up independent garrisons to a large number I guess.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”