Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
I have currently three netplay games running. In all three we can't proceed. I would like to see a timetable with a date on which Steve will resume fixing netplay bugs. This decision looks to be a slap in the face of the people who are participating in the Netplay Challenge...
You can't ask for volunteers and than simply discard what they have been doing in the last couple of week...
I am not abandoning work on NetPlay. It is just being delayed for a week or so. I should be able to make another Hot Patch available tomorrow (Thursday Hawaii time) that will enable you to continue your NetPlay games in progress. It took me a solid week to fix #s 17 and 18 below - which were solely for NetPlay.
Changes Since Version 126.96.36.199
(as of March 4, 2017)
6. March 10, 2017 - Fixed a problem with displayed Activity Limits were the US was not being shown.
7. March 12, 2017 - For NetPlay, made some changes to advance the subphase after the attacking player decides whether to use Snow units in an attack.
8. March 12, 2017 - For NetPlay, added some checks so a player can no longer change the actions and destinations of his opponent’s resources (unless they are being received in a trade agreement).
9. March 14, 2017 - Added code to prevent placing partisans in a non-frozen lake hex. This change also prevents having too many partisans to place. That is, the number of partisan units is never more than the number that have hexes in which they can arrive.
10. March 14, 2017 - Added a check for overstacking when the weather phase ends.
11. March 16, 2017 - Fixed a couple of problems with correcting overstacked hexes at the end of the Return To Base phases.
12. March 16, 2017 - For NetPlay, fixed several problems with correcting overstacked hexes. The way the program now processes multiple overstacked hexes is that each player gets to correct the overstacked hexes in which he has units. He may have to process them for several major powers. Once all players have processed all their overstacked hexes, the end of phase completes and the game advances to the next phase.
13. March 17, 2017 - For NetPlay, added code to report on US Entry markers’ draws, moves, and removals to non-US players.
14. March 17, 2017 - For NetPlay, added code to report when the US player decides to not execute any US Entry Options in a turn.
15. March 18, 2017 - For NetPlay, added a check to avoid a spurious fatal error when the game is restored at the subphase Choose Aligned Minor’s controlling major power.
16. March 19, 2017 - Fixed a cosmetic problem where the informative message about territories being converted to minor countries after their parent country is conquered had the names of the conquered and converted countries reversed.
17. March 19, 2017 - For NetPlay, fixed a problem where building new convoys, pilots, forts, offensive chits, and factories could have mismatched unit numbers on different computers. This would cause all kinds of problems, such as moving a convoy on one computer could cause a factory to be moved instead on the other computer.
18. March 20, 2017 - For NetPlay, fixed a problem with Production where the Axis computer was reinitializing the Production phase in the middle of reinitializing the Production phase. This was causing the Axis computer to set all resources coming from neutral minor countries to be set to Idle.
19. March 20, 2017 - Changed the order in which the program attempts to find actions, destinations, and paths for resources during Production Planning, so the player’s most recent instructions are attempted before trying to use the actions and paths from the previous turn. The sequence is now: Override settings, Default settings, Most Recent settings, Last Turn settings, and, finally, try to find a new route. This should correct some of the problems with the program ignoring recent changes and reverting to the actions, destinations, and paths used previously.
20. March 21, 2017 - On the Spend Surprise Points form, corrected the number of ships in a naval combat to exclude those that are aborting.
21. March 21, 2017 - On the Spend Surprise Points form, corrected the number of Air-to-Sea factors in a naval air combat to reflect the weather conditions in the sea area (e.g., halved during Rain).
Perfection is an elusive goal.