Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Failed to Create Random Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Failed to Create Random Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/12/2017 11:41:24 PM   
Gerry

I was trying to create the first infantry campaign and got this error. Not a big deal at the moment as I have plenty going on.

Is this the campaign that has the Glinki scenario that Mad Russian did an AAR for?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/14/2017 9:46:53 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

I was trying to create the first infantry campaign and got this error. Not a big deal at the moment as I have plenty going on.

Is this the campaign that has the Glinki scenario that Mad Russian did an AAR for?

No, I don't believe that battle is in the first infantry campaign.

I'll have to check on that error, because it isn't one of the trapped errors.

Thanks!
Rick

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 2
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/15/2017 5:24:56 AM   
Gerry

BTW I leave the defaults and hit Build Campaign and the error pops up. Also get it when I X out of the build screen. Don't know if that helps. Thanks for checking.

< Message edited by Gerry -- 3/15/2017 1:28:12 PM >

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/19/2017 1:24:14 AM   
Rick

I wasn't able to duplicate that error, but I looked at the code and it looks like it is having trouble reading a file from one of the sub-folders, Data/Infantry folder. But it's just trying to read the folder. You might check that that folder is there and readable. If it isn't then you should have problems playing the game as well, because that folder is accessed A LOT.

Let me know,

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 4
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/19/2017 2:44:48 PM   
Gerry

Hello: I won't be at that computer for a few days but it sounds like it is not the problem as I can play the game - just cannot generate any campaign.

Any chance you could generate the first infantry campaign for me with the defaults and send it to me so I can see what they are like?

Gerry

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/19/2017 5:22:38 PM   
Gerry

Just now got PCO installed on my Windows 10 machine and I could generate a campaign on it!.

Do you think I can just copy that .xml file to my Windows 7 machine and it should work (I assume so as xml is a standard). If so, please ignore my request for you to generate a campaign for me.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 6
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/19/2017 6:30:15 PM   
Rick

quote:

Just now got PCO installed on my Windows 10 machine and I could generate a campaign on it!.

Do you think I can just copy that .xml file to my Windows 7 machine and it should work (I assume so as xml is a standard). If so, please ignore my request for you to generate a campaign for me.

It wouldn't be that easy. There are quite a few files you would have to copy over. And they need to go in a few different places. Are you unable to generate any of the Random Campaigns? One of the simplest ones is the 3rd Pz. You can create it with as few as 4 battles if I recall.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 7
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/19/2017 6:34:12 PM   
Rick

quote:

Hello: I won't be at that computer for a few days but it sounds like it is not the problem as I can play the game - just cannot generate any campaign.

Any chance you could generate the first infantry campaign for me with the defaults and send it to me so I can see what they are like?

Gerry

Do you use JSGME? (Jonesoft Mod Enabler). It is an easy tool for modding games. The reason I ask is that random campaigns are made up of quite a few files and they have to be placed in several different folders. JSGME would simplify that.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 8
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/19/2017 6:38:44 PM   
Rick

Also, are you able to run the RBG? (Random Battle Generator). you could try that from the game menu's and see if it is working correctly.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 9
RE: Failed to Create Random Campaign - 3/19/2017 7:44:14 PM   
Gerry

Yes I can use JSGME. Are you saying I could use it to port a campaign to another machine?

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Failed to Create Random Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI