A Bug?

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

kip1214

A Bug?

Post by kip1214 »

Just wondering. I am playing the 6th scenario. I'm in the 4th move and have used artillery a few times. In the Advanced fire stage, radio says artillery ready to fire. So I started to right click on Russian units, and it was breaking and pinning them. The artillery was not firing. I was just clicking on Russian units and it was dealing damage. What is this?? A bug??
Peter Fisla

RE: A Bug?

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: kip1214

Just wondering. I am playing the 6th scenario. I'm in the 4th move and have used artillery a few times. In the Advanced fire stage, radio says artillery ready to fire. So I started to right click on Russian units, and it was breaking and pinning them. The artillery was not firing. I was just clicking on Russian units and it was dealing damage. What is this?? A bug??

Please read the section 9.4 OFF-BOARD ARTILLERY of the manual how the Off-Board Artillery works. The Artillery performs fire (or the user Artillery interaction) in Fire Segment or in Defensive Fire Segment only.

There is no Artillery interaction in the Advancing Fire Segment.

I hope this helps
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Peter, kip1214 is saying he is seeing units take damage during the Advance phase from what appears to be arty, but the arty is not "firing". That does seem like a bug of some sort.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Capn Darwin, Peter is saying the Artillery performs fire (or the user Artillery interaction) in Fire Segment or in Defensive Fire Segment only , the arty is not supposed use in the Advanced fire segment. That does not seem like a bug of some sort.[:-]
kip1214

Post by kip1214 »

I have read the manual, and have played war games all my life, bought SL in the mid 80's. There is a lot to take in this game at first. Other than the tutorial, scenario 6 is first time I have used arty. I am doing all scenarios in order as Germans and I go to the next one after a major victory, or sometimes minor victory. It does seem like some sort of bug, because the game should not allow me to use arty in advance stage. As I said, I clicked my radio, and started to click the soviet squads, and a lot of them broke (B+). It was weird, no sound, and I could do this on the whole map. Needless to say, I will start over because it's not a fair game if this is happening. I guess I won't mess with the radio in advance phase.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

[:)]

Attachments
Assaultoba.jpg
Assaultoba.jpg (373.78 KiB) Viewed 73 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

[:)]

Attachments
rep1.jpg
rep1.jpg (191.14 KiB) Viewed 73 times
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Rico, actually the Radio SW doesn't fire as a support weapon that's just a text bug in the log window.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

No matter Peter, the priority is to find a way to speed up the game so that I can finally play Kursk and use the new editor.
How said Fuselex, we trust you Peter...[:)]

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”