Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help during the winter 41

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Help during the winter 41 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help during the winter 41 - 3/3/2017 5:00:57 PM   
TheLysander

I consider myself a noob at WiTE and i really want to get better at this game. However once the blizzards arrive i literally get obliterated. The romanians just route and abandon their positions and the russians just swarm my positions. I know there is a tactic to cede ground for time, yet i do this and within one turn they are already at my front line steamrolling my men.

I need advice and tips for the winter of 41, or any advice for 41 to make the winter less ****ty for me as an axis player.
Post #: 1
RE: Help during the winter 41 - 3/4/2017 5:22:50 AM   
Icier

When the mud comes (41) create fortified zones behind the front lines, best behind a river, at the same time don't move your Romanians further..just let them dig in. I also break up
a few german divisions & distribute them in with the Romanians. Your Romanians will break eventually, but the idea is to slow the Russians down. As for the rest, dig in & try not to attack anything during the blizzard, as you will bleed troops.
Suggest you check out some of Pelton's post on winter 41, you don't have to follow them slavishly, but this guy knows the game.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

(in reply to TheLysander)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Help during the winter 41 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI