Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game difficulty query

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Game difficulty query Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game difficulty query - 3/2/2017 7:58:04 PM   
cato12

What's the generally accepted best difficulty settings for a challenging game versus the AI?

I assume the allied AI would need more help than axis?
Post #: 1
RE: Game difficulty query - 3/2/2017 8:34:35 PM   
Joel Billings

Yes, attacking AI needs more help, and that's the Allied AI in WitW. Full Challenging mode can be in fact quite challenging. It depends on how experienced you are. I know some players like to give 110 help in all categories to the AI, while keeping 100 help for themselves. This may be enough help, although you should probably give the Allied AI at least 10 more net help points (either AI values go up 10 or yours go down 10) then you'd give the German AI. Morale is the most important of the help levels.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to cato12)
Post #: 2
RE: Game difficulty query - 5/13/2017 12:27:47 PM   
SwedenJens

I was just about to ask a similar question to this one. Maybe my question can fit in to this existing post. I'm planning on starting a new grand campaign as the Axis and I would like some advice on recommended settings from players who has played a full campaign or two.I have played WitE a lot and I put many hours in on my german campaign but after capturing Moscow I realized that the settings I was using was too easy. I was hoping that the Soviets would push back real hard in 1943 but it never really happened and all the fun was gone. I don't want start a new game and spend hundreds of hours just to realize that the allied invasion of Normandie failed, but I neither want the AI to be overpowered in a silly way so a single division is stopping my entire army (you get my point). I'm much of a planning guy in this game. I like to study the strength of my forces in great detail, gather info on enemy forces and then plan my move. I'm ok with failing if it feels realistic but I don't like losing just because the AI is too boosted. Can this be achived with the +10 AI values you mention Joel or should I look for a human opponent instead?

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Game difficulty query - 5/15/2017 12:17:53 AM   
Joel Billings

Challenging should provide a good game but if you want to make it even harder you can give the German 120 morale help in addition to all the other challenging help levels.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to SwedenJens)
Post #: 4
RE: Game difficulty query - 5/15/2017 9:42:08 AM   
Sardaukar

German AI is actually very adept in defending and 110 should be enough (unless you want a challenge of course ).

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: Game difficulty query - 5/17/2017 9:17:35 PM   
SwedenJens

I want to play as Germany. Do you recommend I put the morale at 110 for the allied AI?

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Game difficulty query Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI