Ageod announces The English Civil War!

The King or the Parliament? Choose your side and take command of the Cavaliers armies or the Roundheads and the Covenanters.
Daniele

Ageod announces The English Civil War!

Post by Daniele »

“I had rather have a plain, russet-coated Captain, that knows what he fights for, and loves what he knows, than that you call a Gentleman and is nothing else” – Oliver Cromwell, 1643

The shadow of the Thirty Years War hit the British Isles in 1625, as Charles I became King of England. Accustomed to a weaker Scottish Parliament, the new King found fiercer opposition from the Parliament in London.

Now, only two decades later, open war has started with the Royalists facing the Parliamentarians, and the conflict is raging in England and Scotland.

The Country is at odds, its population forced to take a side and torn apart by religious divisions.

No one can be neutral this time. To whom will you swear your loyalty? To the King or to the Parliament?

The choice is yours!

A new game from Ageod is in the development, and it will focus on the grim years of the English Civil Wars (1642-1646)!

Directly from the product page:

“With a detailed selection of the historical units of the conflict you will find the Covenanters, Newcastle’s whitecoats, Cromwell’s Ironside’s, the new model Army or the Cornish legendary infantry. Players can build and manage their armies, throughout the campaigns set in the various theaters of operations like Yorkshire, Cheshire, Lancashire, Bristol, Lincolnshire”

Two playable factions, Six scenarios, Historical Events triggered throughout the game, Regional Decision Cards, all of this and more, will make you relive the wars that laid the foundation of the British Empire.

Get more information about the English Civil War game from its product page

IckieStickie

RE: Ageod announces The English Civil War!

Post by IckieStickie »

This looks Fantasitc!Im sure this will get those into the AGEOD series if they have a parchant for the ECW!Please dont make it too hard,and try and make that overstacking problem i get all the time a bit easier to manage?if thats possible.
Orm

Post by Orm »

I am looking forward to this release.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
bazjak

Post by bazjak »

Yes
Great
About time someone did this
Well done Ageod
kvob

Post by kvob »

Looking forward to this. I'm assuming there's a plan to release a DLC for 1646-1651 if it sells well?
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

You can imagine its very soon to say that will happen. But as with TYW, both deserve more. Lack of time, specially regarding the research more than the proper design, build and test is what prevents of having in this version at least the Second English Civil War.
But I have discovered with this development a truly interesting piece of history of these kingdoms. We have the map, the units and 90% of the leaders so we just need time after release to work on new scenarios just to have, lets say, the complete set of wars. Being the Great Civil War 42-46 the most important of them and as a game probably the most funny to play. Of course, to develop a DLC is not, or will not be, my own decision, it will be always a common decision.

thanks for supporting
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
LoftyPoacher

Post by LoftyPoacher »

Cornwallis??? Fercryin' out loud. Doesn't fill me with hope for an appropriate level of historical accuracy. I think you mean Cornish infantry.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

nope

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Monmouth
Unsteady handling of lead Continental elements by Major General Charles Lee had allowed British rearguard commander Lieutenant General Charles Cornwallis to seize the initiative

it's about right for the time, for units to be given the name of the commander officer.

i maybe wrong mind you, my average is about 50/50
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

ORIGINAL: LoftyPoacher

Cornwallis??? Fercryin' out loud. Doesn't fill me with hope for an appropriate level of historical accuracy. I think you mean Cornish infantry.
o

You are right, will be fixed asap. But it is not related with accuracy, just with my Spanish brain making wrong translations.
Thanks.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ah well wrong again, seems i'm making a habit on this, will alter my odds to 60/40 now on[:'(]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
LoftyPoacher

Post by LoftyPoacher »

ORIGINAL: Leibst

o

You are right, will be fixed asap. But it is not related with accuracy, just with my Spanish brain making wrong translations.
Thanks.

Fair enough.
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

Good point. Well said.

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Looks nice! Certainly a period that isn't well represented particularly at the operational level.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
DEB

Post by DEB »

Accustomed to a weaker Scottish Parliament, the new King found fiercer opposition from the Parliament in London.

Given that the first generally noted dissent to Charles rule was the "Bishops War" ( in Scotland ), this seems to be a rather in-concise observation IMHO.
This statement most probably did apply however to James I...

[ Certainly there was a "fiercer opposition from the Parliament in London" over the longer term ; whilst his relationship with the Scots Parliament was almost non existent as he initially ruled (via a Scots Privy Council) directly from London. ]
TWC

Post by TWC »

ORIGINAL: Orm

I am looking forward to this release.

+1
(TWC) The Wargaming Club
https://thewargamingclub.online/
haydenmathew

Post by haydenmathew »

Looking very nice. [:)][:)][:)]

Return to “English Civil War”