Destruction of support units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Nix77

Destruction of support units

Post by Nix77 »

I couldn't find anything from the manual about the destruction of support units. I have a handful of artillery regiments destroyed as the Soviet in 1941, but I haven't paid attention to where and when they got destroyed.

The manual states that support units suffer the same fate as the units they're attached to in combat, but since HQs never shatter or surrender (I guess?), how do artillery units and other SUs that can be attached to only HQs get destroyed?

Currently in my game Leningrad is about to be isolated, what would be the most sensible way of saving the support units from the pocket, or do I even have to do it if the armies just rout out with some attrition to SUs?
Stelteck

RE: Destruction of support units

Post by Stelteck »

Support units can shatter in battle when they are committed to one and take heavy damage. (Like any other units).

It is quite rare so do not bother too much about it. I suppose it is more common in support units with low TOE.

Support units that are attached to a unit and surrender will return as any other units.

But those who shatter in battle will not return.
Brakes are for cowards !!

Return to “The War Room”