Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Destruction of support units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Destruction of support units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Destruction of support units - 2/12/2017 1:20:28 PM   
Nix77

I couldn't find anything from the manual about the destruction of support units. I have a handful of artillery regiments destroyed as the Soviet in 1941, but I haven't paid attention to where and when they got destroyed.

The manual states that support units suffer the same fate as the units they're attached to in combat, but since HQs never shatter or surrender (I guess?), how do artillery units and other SUs that can be attached to only HQs get destroyed?

Currently in my game Leningrad is about to be isolated, what would be the most sensible way of saving the support units from the pocket, or do I even have to do it if the armies just rout out with some attrition to SUs?
Post #: 1
RE: Destruction of support units - 2/12/2017 3:46:54 PM   
Stelteck

Support units can shatter in battle when they are committed to one and take heavy damage. (Like any other units).

It is quite rare so do not bother too much about it. I suppose it is more common in support units with low TOE.

Support units that are attached to a unit and surrender will return as any other units.

But those who shatter in battle will not return.

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Destruction of support units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI