Two Axis Minor Ally questions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

wga8888

Two Axis Minor Ally questions

Post by wga8888 »

I have three campaign games vs human opponents, T20 as German, T13 & T5 as Russian (learning the game, the hard way rather than reading manual/forums or playing AI).
Q1) I T20, I find three Italian divisions, 2 airbases and a Corps HQ I can rail to the front. Its mud everywere so everying is 1 cv. What does one do with these other than as garrison/partisan response units?
Q2) Romanians seem to have 10 airbases, and a lot of 12 plane squadrons. Do people consolidate these into fewer airbases?
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
mrchuck

RE: Two Axis Minor Ally questions

Post by mrchuck »

Q1. That's perfect. They will never be combatworthy and you don't want to waste german divs as garrisons if you can avoid it.
Q2. Do or do not do. Supposedly it saves trucks if you disband the unneeded ones but the effect is so marginal I stopped bothering. Micromanagers may feel otherwise.
Icier

Post by Icier »

disagree with the Italians...mix them with Germans for attacks & their moral increase dramatically...this group
miles better than the Romanians.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

Have to agree with Ice. Come the blizzard garrisons are precisely where you want your best German divisions, you want your worst to take the attrition. The Italians are the first to leave and will never run out of manpower - do n't waste them. Get them some German leaders and train them up with victories stacked with Germans. Use the cavalry as defensive reserves at the front. When on the offensive again the following year you will want your worst troops garrisoning, but with all the new security and depleted\unready units needing recuperation that might not include the Italians.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Kel

Post by Kel »

And another one at that : is there a way to move the finnish Air Command HQ that is located on the forested northern edge of the map ?
Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit
über das erste Zusammentreffen
mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”