why ??

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

freeboy

why ??

Post by freeboy »

when I am playing the easy scenario at easy setting and I occupy the woods and drive the enemy from them do I lose the battle.. is there some thing to occupy??
"Tanks forward"
Biondo

RE: why ??

Post by Biondo »

Hi freeboy, there's an objective to occupy in the middle of the wood.

If you hover the mouse over the objective icon on the map a tooltip tell you how many men you need (100) and in what range they must be to occupy it (100 yards), how many points you raise (100) every time you win the objective (0 mins means 1 minute because it's 0 minutes and 59 seconds) and other bonus you gain holding it (ammo, morale, fatigue)

To win this scenario you need to collect a score of more than 1000 points. You can reach it with a combination of casualties points and objective points.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

DOH
simple I saw it but.. perhaps I need to read something ?? Manual??

THANK YOU
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok.. I cannot get the tool tip too work.. and the men are camped there about 1200 withinj 100 yards. icon not changing I know there is something amiss
"Tanks forward"
Biondo

Post by Biondo »

To hold an objective you also need an officer within the obj radius.

In this scenario your character is the only officer available so you have to move yourself into the wood.

The tooltip should appears on the 2D map (not in the 3D view) both in the Map and in the Command Map.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

well that is a pretty important thing to know.. I wondered at the lack of changing .. my charactoer I have been using direct control of units so have not hused it.. ok again thank you

what a great game
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok.. now I can start to learn how it is supposed to work messengers etc.. It really was odd moving the enemy off the targets but losing..
so, Is this a game that lends itself to multi.. seems so?
thanks
"Tanks forward"
Biondo

Post by Biondo »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

ok.. now I can start to learn how it is supposed to work messengers etc.. It really was odd moving the enemy off the targets but losing..
so, Is this a game that lends itself to multi.. seems so?
thanks
Is this a game that lends itself to multi.. seems so?

Yes absolutely! Especially playing HITS&Couriers[8D]

First time you try it it's shocking but then you can't live without it!

Look at the Opponents Wanted Section. You'll find a link to the DOW forum. I still can't post link on this site
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

well I am truly impressed at how much the series has improved... fighting as the French and there are just so so many enemy troops, playing without curruirs and winning but man its a bloody fight...
"Tanks forward"

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”