Reference Cities and Rivers

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

SteveD64

Reference Cities and Rivers

Post by SteveD64 »

I've been really enjoying the game while reading along with various accounts of Barbarossa. Would it be possible to include reference cities on the game map (Yelnya, Velikie Luki, Kremenchug etc) at some point - they would have no effect on gameplay but would provide historical flavor? I know this is far from important but it would increase the immersion level. Also naming the rivers would also be helpful.

Anyway, congratulations on a great game.
lancer

RE: Reference Cities and Rivers

Post by lancer »

Hi Cleveland,

I've had a deliberate policy of keeping the map as clean as possible and restriciting information on it to what's needed to play the game and maintain balance.

Adding extra cities changes a lot of aspects that have been carefully calibrated over a period of time. Alternatively adding decorative cities only creates noise and confusion so the answer would, unfortunately, be no.

All the big rivers are named but the manner in which the names are displayed have meant only a single naming instance is used which probably isn't ideal but it does serve to keep the map clean.

Cheers
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”