Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 1/31/2017 3:17:24 PM   
operating

Turn 10

This match only lasted 11 turns, not quite a record for someone to quit, although pretty close to it... Now let's see why Effexner decided to quit.

Sarikamish Front

Starting positions for turn 10:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/31/2017 3:20:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 1/31/2017 3:22:24 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

Turn 10

This match only lasted 11 turns, not quite a record for someone to quit, although pretty close to it... Now let's see why Effexner decided to quit.

Sarikamish Front

Starting positions for turn 10:

Turn 10

Put screenshots (SS) into a folder, but for some reason (which I have not figured out yet) the SS in the folder would not allow me to do paint editing..
Russian cav could see that a Turk garrison had moved from an entrenched position to just north of Erzurum. Turkey had just entered the war, thus has had no chance to bolster it's forces protecting Erzurum from the production queue, so I decided to attach a Russian general to the cav unit and go on the attack for 2 reasons: 1. To eliminate the Turk garrison and 2. to crowd the hexes around the city to prevent reinforcements from deploying there in later turns. The successful attack also put me in position to do direct assaults on the city next turn. Sarikamish is safe from attack itself, Turks are out-numbered. Detached general for possible use elsewhere. Advanced a Russian garrison from Batumi into the Turk mountains.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/31/2017 3:47:02 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 2
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 1/31/2017 7:22:31 PM   
operating

Turn 10

France

Starting positions for this turn. Focus is to be on the hex circled in red..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/31/2017 7:24:25 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 3
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 1/31/2017 7:26:28 PM   
operating

quote:

Turn 10

France

Starting positions for this turn. Focus is to be on the hex circled in red..

Turn 10

Managed to eliminate German infantry and capture hex through combined air-land attacks. Replenished cav in Antwerp, while English Channel dreadnaughts pounded on shore German units. English balloons scored hits on Brussels, fighters and artillery. Could have used balloons exclusively for strategic targets, opted for the short term tactical ones instead.. At this stage of the war the Germans have superior techs than do the French, however they do not have AA as of yet and now susceptible to efficiency losses due to air attacks.. The French have to do harrying infantry attacks to gain access to fill quotas needed to activate higher order French generals..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/31/2017 7:45:24 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 4
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/1/2017 1:55:46 AM   
operating

Turn 10

Serbia

Starting positions: Take note of damaged Serbian and other damaged units..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/1/2017 1:59:01 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 5
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/1/2017 2:01:02 AM   
operating

quote:

Turn 10

Serbia

Starting positions: Take note of damaged Serbian and other damaged units..

Turn 10

Serbia is totally on the defense with Cetinje being the most secure, that's why you see a swapping of units, plus replenishment. To it's south a English garrison is in route to relieve the damaged Serb garrison next turn. Serb artillery fired on Von Hotzendorf infantry in hopes of causing a strength damage point loss, instead it only lowered it's efficiency readiness to 7. All other Serb units stayed in place to either replenish or improve entrenchment, while French units worked their way towards this front. Serbia still has it's infantry lab, with some luck will achieve Industrial Warfare.. Seeing 2 CP artillery is rather daunting to the Belgrade defenders.. At the same time I am glad to see there are no AH reserves (that I know of) to back them up. In a way I think that the AH assaults from down by Cattaro are a waste of time as long as I have reserves there, he should have his infantry up by Belgrade in readiness for a breakthrough in conjunction with the artillery, for he must be able to see Entente reinforcements arriving, further strengthening the Serb Front.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/1/2017 2:38:01 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 6
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/1/2017 9:54:05 AM   
operating

Turn 10

North Baltic

No German convoys have been able to reach port.. Last turn Effexner attacked the Class II English sub with admiral, instead of just attacking the class I (no-admiral) Russian sub. His odds of success would have been better there for the Germans have not earned an admiral as of yet.. (Germany needs to have 5 naval kill points in order to get it's first admiral).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/1/2017 10:10:10 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 7
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/1/2017 10:11:33 AM   
operating

quote:

Turn 10

North Baltic

No German convoys have been able to reach port.. Last turn Effexner attacked the Class II English sub with admiral, instead of just attacking the class I (no-admiral) Russian sub. His odds of success would have been better there for the Germans have not earned an admiral as of yet.. (Germany needs to have 5 naval kill points in order to get it's first admiral).

Turn 10

Counter attacked weaken 6 strength class III light cruiser sinking the remainder of it's fleet, which also caused Russia to achieve it's first admiral..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/1/2017 10:21:29 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 8
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/2/2017 6:18:13 AM   
operating

Turn 10

Warsaw and Galicia

Turn start positions

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/2/2017 6:20:16 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 9
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/2/2017 6:22:20 AM   
operating

quote:

Turn 10

Warsaw and Galicia

Turn start positions

Turn 10

Replenished several units and disbanded 2 garrisons by Warsaw.. Observed no AH general by Warsaw then went on the attack. Down by Lemberg the Russian infantry moved up front finding a AH damaged garrison then immediately went on the attack there (mistakenly indicated an attack on the German infantry).. Decided to let garrisons entrench and rest for I am a bit concerned seeing a number CP infantry nearby, with the possibility of others out of LOS. It's still early in this match and biding my time till other units arrive off the production queue to secure this front and beef up around Warsaw. Most opponents try to knock out Warsaw as soon as possible, it's too big an inconvenience for CP to ignore if CP plans on penetrating further into Poland-Russia..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/2/2017 6:48:28 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 10
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/2/2017 4:11:46 PM   
operating

Turn 10

Koenigsberg

Turn starting positions. There is not a lot happening here this turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/2/2017 4:13:13 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 11
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/2/2017 4:14:29 PM   
operating

quote:

Turn 10

Koenigsberg

Turn starting positions. There is not a lot happening here this turn.

Turn 10

Moved Russian fighter down to both view behind German lines and to be able to strike more units if needed.. Replenished units while they entrench. Deployed a Russian infantry from the production queue directly into Warsaw and move a cav to the southeast of Warsaw for more visibility.. Softened up the German general with artillery, would like to knock him out of position next turn or later.. Otherwise, pretty quiet at this front this turn. Winter is 2-3 turns away (Dec. 10)..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/2/2017 4:25:45 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 12
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/2/2017 6:50:59 PM   
operating

Turn 10

Constantinople

The idea here is to keep CP fleets boxed in and to reduce Turkey's PP through fleet bombardments to cities. Personally I fault the devs for not doing something to prevent this kind of tactic, however as it is, these cities just make for juicy targets..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/2/2017 8:06:47 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 13
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/3/2017 9:38:12 AM   
operating

Turn 10

Suez

Sometimes the Turks can catch the English off guard and pin them to canal hexes, unfortunately for my opponent it's not going to happen this match (at least for the time being). Some players will load up with English infantry here to try to smash their way through to Gaza and beyond, which can work, although not always successful in a quick sense. What the English need is generals, so went on the attack here to rack up points, and by the way it's nice to have the navy there to pitch in with shore bombardments.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/3/2017 9:51:26 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 14
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/3/2017 7:47:10 PM   
operating

Turn 11

Erzurum

I fully expected that Effexner to protect this city with his infantry, or look at the futility of holding it for long, at the very least some change in positioning. For the capture of this city leads to all kinds of opportunity to the Russians to exploit and no way for the Turks to readily put up a blocking force in this region. Have a newly arrived garrison deployed at Sarikamish and another garrison slowly traversing the mountains to the north. Even with Russian success here the possibility of being cut off is eliminated by moving a garrison to the northwest (depending on your map point of view) I'm not taking any chances of a foul-up. The thing is: This front can suck up a lot of Russian MP that could be used for it's Eastern Front with little to show from gains (PP) here, the costs do not always match the effort, although it looks great..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/3/2017 8:18:13 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 15
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/3/2017 11:27:45 PM   
operating

Turn 11

Constantinople

Attrition is the game here. Constantinople is down to 11 PP this turn from 14 PP last turn. All is required from the French is just bombardment from their armored cruiser to knock Gallipoli back to zero PP. Note that the Russian transport blocks CP from breaking out to the Black Sea..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/3/2017 11:35:41 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 16
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/3/2017 11:36:43 PM   
operating

Turn 11

Suez

This front is still developing, actually the Turks are the dominate force here and could kick my butt if he got his act together. Just got a new addition here from the production queue being the English balloon, great visibility. Decided to invest in infantry lab this turn, help is on the way. If my opponent did not invest in ammo, he likely will not be able to use his artillery but once every 3 turns or so (he starts with 3 ammo each turn).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/3/2017 11:47:16 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 17
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/4/2017 1:23:25 AM   
operating

Turn 11

Serbia

Serbia is still hanging tough, only because my opponent does not seem to have his attacks well coordinated. Disbanded the Serb garrison at Cetinje, replacing it with the British garrison. 4 other units are replenishing, while the French infantry RR into Belgrade. Winter will be coming soon, will have to wait and see in who's favor that will work. If he does not push me back soon and finish the Serbs off, he's going to have a problem getting at the Italians...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/4/2017 1:38:50 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 18
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/4/2017 1:40:08 AM   
operating

Turn 11

The Adriatic

Began to get worried that AH was going to slip a couple of subs to the Med side of my French dreadnaught, so repositioned my navy here for better protection after the AH navy attacked my subs that were in the red circles. My only exposed hex is the one in the orange circle where a AH sub could be in hiding.. There's just no-way I would attack his fleet in "his" green dot sea hexes.. Could have done a better job positioning my Med side subs, should have right and left flanked the surface fleet.. Oh well, once you move them that's it, your stuck there..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/4/2017 1:51:54 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 19
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/4/2017 4:02:10 PM   
nehi

first, its UffzExner (i hope its not a spoiler )

second, u should stop these childish games and taste some real blitzkrieg

turn 10 and blimps allready up, i apperiate your sense for historical accuracy

once cp lose initiativity, its technically over, no surprise he left

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/4/2017 4:05:34 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 20
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/4/2017 7:32:09 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: nehi

first, its UffzExner (i hope its not a spoiler )

second, u should stop these childish games and taste some real blitzkrieg

turn 10 and blimps allready up, i apperiate your sense for historical accuracy

once cp lose initiativity, its technically over, no surprise he left

I can't help but notice: You never post AARs despite all your colorful speech, or in this case; words. I'll say one thing: When you realized you were losing in our match and wanted to bail-out, you manned-up and fought to the end, which I knew was extremely painful for you..

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 21
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/4/2017 8:36:20 PM   
operating

Turn 11

Warsaw-Galicia

Nothing major here.. Harrying attack by Warsaw and an attack on Lemberg, else-where units replenishing..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/4/2017 8:41:15 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 22
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/4/2017 8:43:08 PM   
operating

Turn 11

Koenigsberg

Same here, nothing major, attrition type attacks..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/4/2017 8:46:54 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 23
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/4/2017 9:06:59 PM   
nehi

u know nothing, because i never left a single game...

even i lost few some ages ago, few of my first ones as vs you, but i dont understimate airfoce power anymore (i made like no new one, because i was used from ai games, that ground units should be enough)

painfull was when someone has -15pps each turn (me) cause of your blimps and other one (you) was giving "advices" like, cancel research... which maybe could help in one turn

i can make aar, if u wish, but i wont do it vs any random player, they usually leave in 15 turns or less

im almost unstoppable, at least in like last 10 months no body stopped me

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/4/2017 11:12:41 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 24
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/5/2017 12:07:34 AM   
operating

Of course I am not fond of playing a MP match that lasts only 15 turns or so, it's like; "What's the point?", a waste of time to me. Many probably notice that many of my AARs are about matches where I am the loser, there's not a heck of glory in that, the bottom line is that I get enjoyment out the game no matter which way it goes, the longer, the better. I have no doubt that you are a far better player than when we last hooked up, I'm just not into some crazy scheme that you have cooked up, it's just not enjoyable to me, you have heard that from me before, I've also said before; The way you play turns other players "off", to where they do not want to go CTGW MP again, which again reduces the number of members who will take a chance in playing others in MP, including myself. I really do not want a pool of players that consists of just you and me in the end, I'd go out of my F'n mind..!!!

< Message edited by operating -- 2/5/2017 5:07:44 AM >

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 25
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/5/2017 12:10:12 AM   
operating

Turn 11

France

This is the final on map SS for this match. Effexner had a 4 strength class I fighter in the red circle that got demolished while on the ground. Transported an English infantry from London to Calais. Replenished several units and punished Von Hindenburg at the same time.. Dreadnaught big guns bombarded German coastal units, scored hits, but no real damage, however if this is repeated for subsequent turns to same units the damage will become more apparent (noticeable). At this point of the match "The miracle of the Marne" is taking place.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/5/2017 12:32:20 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 26
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/5/2017 12:35:25 AM   
operating

Surrender

Final notification

What this tells me is that my opponent has sized up his likelihood of winning out-right is rather dismal and has decided to unconditionally surrender. Many come into a MP match expecting to get a quick victory and have everything go their way, but when they get the slightest hint that they might lose they quit. The concept of working hard for a possible reversal of fortune is not in their brain or blood.

This is what I observe: The German navy is largely intact minus one fleet, this navy is ahead of all other nations with a primarily Class III fleet, plus class II subs that could have better utilized opening up the Baltic to convoys, yet from what I can see is doing practically nothing (can't tell you where the fleets are if I don't see them). Germany has a huge army of class II units that no other nation has, plus class II artillery which no other nation has. Germany nor AH has not lost one city and has added 3 more from Belgium to it's roster. Turkey has lost one city, that's it, it's not the end of the world. Believe it or not: Turkey is hard to conquer, however right from the get go Turkey is not all that strong, to me it can last a long time in a defensive posture, long enough to entice Bulgaria to join the war. But some players just do not want to either learn how to best achieve this.. From what I see at the Eastern Front CP has the advantage, but somehow you have to think on how to use it, you never know when the other guy makes mistakes of which you can capitalize on, some mistakes can turn the whole game around, you have to play it to find out, just like in real life situations... To me even if you are losing in a MP match there tactics and strategies that can be learned and used in later matches, stuff that may make a difference that you never realized before, that's what makes you a veteran and not someone who keeps on playing half-assed time and time again..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/5/2017 2:39:24 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 27
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/5/2017 3:12:13 AM   
nehi

there is not such crazy scheme, just knocking down france, serbia, russia and britain, exactly in that order, on my way for the win

btw. interesting idea, just you and me as last playing mp ctgw, it would be epic and then i could use quote "With heart, faith and steel. In the end there can be only one."

im as pretty as the kurgan, just 1cm taller

< Message edited by nehi -- 2/5/2017 4:03:40 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 28
RE: Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished - 2/11/2017 4:42:35 AM   
operating

Turn 26

Second match over

Did not take any screenshots of our second match, this time we switched sides. I'll say he played better this time, but again he is a "quitter" after only 25 turns of head to head combat..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 2/11/2017 4:57:22 AM >

(in reply to nehi)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> Effexner vs operating 11 turns finished Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI