Hopefully simple question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

mkjhartmann

Hopefully simple question

Post by mkjhartmann »

I have looked in the manual but cannot find an answer. On the unit marker there is between 1 and 4 hash marks on the left side of the unit symbol? What do those represent?

Also, there is a often a black or white "ball" to the right of the symbol? What does that mean?

Thanks.

Mike
Shellshock

RE: Hopefully simple question

Post by Shellshock »

Yeah it's a simple enough question. [:D] You are apparently using Jison's counter mod that came with his excellent map.

The hash marks play the same role as the colored triangles in the upper corners of the original map counters. They display the various soft factors of the unit. Four hashmarks equals good fuel, morale, experience, etc. One hashmark or none means bad. This role was played by the colors green to red with the original counters. That's why the hashmarks aren't in the manual.

The white ball means a unit hasn't moved yet. A black one means it has moved some. If it's gone you've used up all the unit's MP for that turn.( I think)

Jison's counters on the left. The original game counters on the right. My only issue with the hashmarks is that they can be tough to read sometimes on a dark colored counter.

Image Image
mkjhartmann

Post by mkjhartmann »

Shellshock,

thank you so much you! Yes, I am using Jison's mod. Love the map, and the game. Of course that would explain why I did not find it in the manual.

Very nice of you to clear this up for me [&o]

Mike
tyronec

Post by tyronec »

Hi Guys,
Is it possible to get hold of the map anywhere, the original link seems to be down.
Tyrone
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !
morvael

Post by morvael »

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”