Japanese player for focus pacific wanted

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BillBrown

Japanese player for focus pacific wanted

Post by BillBrown »

I would like to start another game of Focus Pacific. This will be version 1.05
scenario 71.

These are the recommended settings and house rules that the author of the mod has provided.
I do not want to use any others.

Recommended Settings:

While you can play Focus Pacific however you'd like, several design features in Focus Pacific are based around the following settings:
Reliable USN Torpedoes: OFF - Focus Pacific includes a system that allows the allied player to upgrade their US sub fleet to use a slightly more reliable torpedo, and relies on this setting to be OFF to work.
No Unit Withdrawals: ON
Player Defined Upgrades: ON
Realistic R&D: ON (However, Allied air-power is MUCH stronger in Focus Pacific than in stock. Players may decide to allow Realistic R&D OFF if they feel that the expanded reinforcements and better air-frames in Focus Pacific the allies receive need to be balanced by greater Japanese flexibility in their own production)
Advanced Weather - ON
Historical 1st turn - OFF

Recommended Focus Pacific House Rules - Scenario 71 & 72:

*The allied player will begin to receive Soviet Lend-Lease aircraft in the fall of 42 in Alaska. These squadrons should not be used for any mission types. Instead, they should be transferred along the historical Lend-Lease path from Alaska to Uel-Kal, Seymchan, Yakutsk, Kirensk, and finally to Krasnovarsk. There the squadrons should be disbanded, adding the Lend-Lease planes into the Soviet aircraft pool.
*Allied heavy bombers may not be based out of Soviet controlled bases.
*No Japanese warp invasions.
*No CV hunting until 12/9/41.
*On turn one, the Allied player can issue orders to any TF at sea or any Chinese LCU's/Air units, but may not create new task-forces, move non-Chinese forces or give attack orders to any non-Chinese air unit.
*Players may not buy out Infantry, Artillery or Armor to unrestricted Air HQs.

I would be willing to revise the setting for Realistic R&D to OFF to help the Japanese player.

The other settings would include:
Auto Sub Ops: OFF
Set all facilities to expand at start: OFF
Auto upgrade ships and air groups: OFF
Accept air and ground replacements: OFF
shoe combat animations: ON
Show combat summaries: ON
Show clouds: ON

Please note that this will be a wild and wide open game.

I can mostly do one turn per day with some days more. I understand that real life does interfere
and that a turn per day is not always possible, I only ask for an email telling me a turn will not
be coming.
BillBrown

RE: Japanese player for focus pacific wanted

Post by BillBrown »

Well it looks like no one wants to play this scenario.
BillBrown

RE: Japanese player for focus pacific wanted

Post by BillBrown »

I guess that I will close this request. I will be starting a new game versus Xargun.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”