onpp vs operating 52 turns finished

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

operating

onpp vs operating 52 turns finished

Post by operating »

Turn 49
German Surrender
This is going to be a brief AAR. I fully expected this match was going to be a losing effort on my part for CP, and believe me I was losing badly, just about devoid of any hope of CP lasting many more turns. As a result did not take many screenshots (SS).
A little background:

Early in the match onpp dominated the North Baltic with several Entente subs, maybe 2 or 3 German convoys reached home port. The German army came within I hex of taking Paris, France was literally on it's knees, but Germany failed to take Paris and was beaten all the way back to Liege and had lost Metz and Strassburg, at the same time Germany was totally broke (had to sell off most of it's fleets and all of it's labs, plus losing -10 to -20 NM per turn). onpp did not lose hardly any Russian cities and had built up a powerful Russian army and airforce before capturing Koenigsberg and Danzig, but had lost his Russian dreadnaught.. Serbia and Belgium had surrendered. Made a last ditch effort to invade Italy with AH with German support capturing several Italian cities causing it to surrender, but it was not enough to save Germany for shortly after Italy surrendered, Germany surrendered also..
In the meantime Russia was running rampant capturing 6 Turk cities including Bagdad and now was focusing on annihilating the remaining Eastern AH army.[X(] Mind you, Romania and Portugal were only 6 or 7 turns away from entering the war against what was left of CP..[8|] I was on the verge of throwing in the towel and quitting [:(](if there is one thing I hate, it is a quitter), but stuck with it and continued the fight even though it seemed to be a hopeless cause.
Then came the next SS..[:)]

Attachments
ctgw_1484506045.jpg
ctgw_1484506045.jpg (340.2 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
operating

RE: onpp vs operating 52 turns finished

Post by operating »

Turn 49
French dreadnaught sunk

During the previous turn (47) a German garrison in transport was attacked by a French dreadnaught damaging the 10 strength transport down to a 2 strength failing to sink the transport. No other Entente fleets could attack for all other sea hexes around transport were occupied with AH subs (end of his turn 47). On my turn (48) seized on the opportunity to sink the French dreadnaught, first captured Tunis (-5 NM to French) with German transport, then attacked dreadnaught with AH class I or II balloons (weakened it's efficiency with a strength loss), then moved in with AH subs to surround and attack, preventing the French fleet from escaping, and causing a further 2 strength loss to the dreadnaught (which is now in CP port waters). (end of my turn 48)
OK now it's onpp's turn 48, he positioned his other fleets to try and save his French dreadnaught, but could not attack my fleets without accumulating huge loses (my guess) in protected CP waters. Unbeknownst to him Germany's NM was "0". So at the end of his turn 48 the German surrender offer appeared, which he accepted and figured he might be able to save his French fleet to the nearby friendly Tunis port, the problem is: He cannot move this fleet till it's "his" 49th turn. Tunis was repatriated back to French control as a result of Germany's surrender, although (German controlled) Sfax & port did not.
(my turn 49) All right, it's now or never to take out the French fleet, it's a gamble, however it could result in a huge NM loss to the French, "so on with the attack" and hope for a positive outcome[&o], or have a near totally destroyed AH navy.[X(]
Again first struck the 7 strength dreadnaught with 3 AH airship squadrons which caused strength and efficiency losses, then finished off the French Dreadnaught with consecutive torpedo attacks. I could not believe the results!!![:D][&o][:D] This was a huge victory[:)], meaning France would lose -20 NM for losing it's dreadnaught fleet, Can't tell you how much of a relief it was..!!! I was ecstatic..![:D] Went from doom and gloom, to a ray of HOPE... Yet there was more good news to come in the next post...

Image[:D][:D]
Attachments
ctgw_1484507721.jpg
ctgw_1484507721.jpg (307.58 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 49
French Ajaccio Captured

Going to have to guess that enpp did not notice the AH transport with garrison was parked and ready to disembark just off-shore of Ajaccio. It was a no brainer to go a head and capture the only city and port on Corsica, adding another -5 NM to France's total NM. Between Sfax, Tunis, and Ajaccio captures, plus the French dreadnaught loss adds up to a -35 NM against France. With Italy and Serbia's surrenders added another -25 NM towards France. Calais capture added another -5 NM (can not remember if I had captured any other French cities). Anyhow, all actions so far add up to -65 NM France. Scouting for another possible capture sent the AH sub by Corsica to Marseille/Toulon coast only to find those cities occupied by English airships, the airship at Toulon had only a 3 strength counter, so I went on the attack with 3 of my remaining AH airships to clobber the English and eliminate the 1 French PP that city produced, successfully killed off the English airship and damaged Toulon PP (another small victory).. Since early in the match had been pounding Paris and other French cities down to "0" PP.. I believe that with all these actions had a accumulative affect of driving France's NM down to "0", for when I hit the end turn button France immediately offered to surrender, which I promptly accepted. I accepted the offer so quickly I forgot to get a SS to immortalize it..!![:D]
France's surrender adds a -35 NM to all it's allies, that's HUGE..!![:)] You see that Strength 8 English airship stationed at Nice and all other English units on French soil all had to be repatriated to the English queue, those threats are now gone from attacking the AH mainland...[8D]

Attachments
ctgw_1484507734.jpg
ctgw_1484507734.jpg (364.65 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 51-52
Ajaccio, Corsica

Yes it shows it is turn 52, however I wanted to tell you about what happened during turn 51 here. Could tell that enpp was pissed about France, so he bombarded Ajaccio with English pre-dreadnaught and class II light cruiser, likely to force the AH garrison to stay in place. Don't forget he is in my port waters, "not his", plus he did not admiral up either fleet, perfect opportunity to go on the attack. First: launched airship bombardment on the light cruiser scoring hits, Second: This is a class II cruiser without a torpedo bulge. Had my 2 AH sub fleets with Admiral Haus flank the cruiser fleet to sink everyone of the cruisers, survivors and the dead washed up on the shores of Corsica for days. The English pre-dreadnaught said to hell with this and fled the battle at full steam...[:D] It was beautiful..[;)]

Attachments
ctgw_1484610230.jpg
ctgw_1484610230.jpg (391.51 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Russian surrender

At the close of turn 51 end turn Russia offered to surrender, which I readily accepted and was somewhat surprised at the same time, for this was not a offer that I had anticipated. IIRC Russia only had 3 cities captured Sevastopol, Kerch and Batumi, which in turn had been recaptured by the Russians. As stated earlier Russia's Dreadnaught battle fleet had been sunk. There was not much else that Russia had suffered, if anything it had captured 6 of Turkey's cities including the Capital of Bagdad and was set to make further conquests. I felt that the superior Russian army was poised to take eastern AH, for which I had already started to prepare for by withdrawing AH armies to new positions of defense, there was just no way for them to go on the offense against a stronger opponent, pure suicide.. My strategy was to try and hold out till February 1917, or at sometime a Russian Revolution was going to take place, that perhaps would knock them out of the war.

The Russian surrender would mean a -25 NM to England.

Now I had to strategize what England was going to do next?[&:] As far as I could tell Romania and Portugal were still on the march to war and due to enter in just a few turns.. And felt England still had a chance to turn things around to it's favor.. During turn 51 Turkey's NM was showing a big goose egg Of "0" NM, but because of Russia's surrender it went back up to 13 NM (Thank God) as a result of repatriated cities. All England has to do is capture Gaza (-5 NM) and Jerusalem (-10 NM) to knock Turkey out (-15 NM to AH) of the war.

Attachments
ctgw_1484610199.jpg
ctgw_1484610199.jpg (411.26 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
AH
Have to prepare for amphibious invasions and upgrade units with searchlights. All class II fighters, artillery and as much infantry as I can spare are in route to the Romanian border...

Attachments
ctgw_1484610273.jpg
ctgw_1484610273.jpg (404.02 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Beirut

During replay the English infantry was spotted heading north (orange circle). The question is: Is it out of supply/isolated?

Attachments
ctgw_1484610408.jpg
ctgw_1484610408.jpg (341.5 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Beirut

It's been determined that the English are at full supply, the only way that can happen is by sea, but by what kind of fleet in orange sea hex?

Attachments
ctgw_1484610563.jpg
ctgw_1484610563.jpg (348 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Beirut
After attacking (turn 51) a English light cruiser knocking it down to a 6 strength supplying an English garrison up by Konya it steamed off south on onpp's turn leaving the garrison behind isolated/out of supply.. I have a pretty good idea that that light cruiser is now supplying the more valuable infantry, also I feel as though most of the other English fleets are located up between Malta and Corsica, or towards Gibraltar. Don't know for sure.. One thing I do know for sure is: Whatever is in that orange sea hex circle, is in my "Green-dot" sea hex Beirut port zone..!! The only thing left to do was to send the Turk armored cruiser (los 3 hex radius) down there to see what's there. Sure enough it was the 6 strength English cruiser, sounded battle stations and went in for the attack, much to my surprise totally sunk the English fleet..!! [:)] My only worry now is being counter attacked by an unseen English fleet..[:(]

Attachments
ctgw_1484610606.jpg
ctgw_1484610606.jpg (350.24 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Konya

With Russia gone, I had logistic decisions to consider now that the rail-line between Konya and Aleppo is open. One of my first actions will be to kill off that isolated English garrison, also take note my class I cruiser is in the picture, whereas the English light cruiser had left this region..

Attachments
ctgw_1484610301.jpg
ctgw_1484610301.jpg (401.65 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Konya

Moved 2 Bulgarian garrisons into attack positions, then attacked with the more northerly one first taking a strength loss, followed up with an assault from the southern garrison completely wiping out any remaining English and advancing into their fortifications. This action should cause all the Entente controlled hexes west of there to be repatriated back to the Turks by next turn. Moved Turk garrison then upgraded it (class V) to be railed next turn from Adana south. The bulk of the Bulgarian army is going to head north to the Romanian border...

Attachments
ctgw_1484610714.jpg
ctgw_1484610714.jpg (380.61 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Big Picture

This SS might give you an idea as to how much territory was repatriated back to Turkey by the Russians, including the 6 cities captured by the Russians. Take note of the fortified line going from north to south in Anatolia and the units that are now freed up for redeployment... Also take note of the Turk units that were surrounded and at half supply at Mosul (now at full supply). These units can now RR to beef up the Gaza Front..

Attachments
ctgw_1484610392.jpg
ctgw_1484610392.jpg (388.86 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Gaza

This is just a quick SS of the Gaza Line.. Beyond the LOS in Egypt there are 4 or 5 Class II fighters and several English airships, enough fire-power to demolish the Turks in subsequent turns..[:(]

Attachments
ctgw_1484610330.jpg
ctgw_1484610330.jpg (357.19 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 52
Management screen

This shows that CP has a chance at the very least a minor victory to as much as a major victory, however if onpp hangs in there he could possibly defeat AH and in the lower category defeat all enemies, thus ending up with a victory. I know his NM must be pretty low, probably less than 15 NM, but that is no reason to give up.. He is still getting those 100 PP convoys on a regular unmolested timetable, whereas in the lower left panel CP nations are just barely squeaking by and not a hell of a lot of NM, very fragile. There are plenty of turns left in this match and if crafted right for an Entente victory.

If the match were to continue, my only salvation may be the surrender of Romania...[8D] The lua files do not show a -NM loss to it's allies should Romania surrender, at least that's how I interpret the scripts.

Attachments
ctgw_1484610452.jpg
ctgw_1484610452.jpg (344.75 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
operating

Post by operating »

Match Over

My opponent opnn decided to "quit the match", he did not explain exactly why he was doing so, it was his choice, although I have never had anybody who felt they were winning quit while they felt they were ahead, so I guess he had to feel as though he was losing and decided to pack it up and go home... It's a shame for I still feel if he had put in the effort he could have possibly pulled off a victory, but we will never know cause he chose to put up the checkered flag and "Unconditionally Surrendered"...
nehi

Post by nehi »

i dont understand, how he could lose france when germany was allready out?

crazy match

Return to “After Action Reports”