Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 2.0.12 update?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> RE: 2.0.12 update? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2.0.12 update? - 4/28/2017 2:18:18 PM   
Jagger2002

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is still a small bug in waypoint timing. In a new PBEM, I had waypoints in position and activated the first waypoint by giving 0 time delay. I then checked the arrival time to waypoint one and realized the unit would arrive too early at the position and so, added some delay time. But instead of delaying arrival time, it indicated that I would arrive even earlier. I decided not to make the move.

If I had executed the move, it is possible that the actual movement times may have reflected the delay. I have also noticed that arrival times are often substantial off from actual arrival times when adjusting waypoint timing. The next action time is correct but not arrival times at waypoints. It is still early in the PBEM, I am on defense and not making many moves, so I am not sure yet if the error is consistent or not.

Much better but still not quite there unfortunately.

(in reply to Capn Darwin)
Post #: 31
RE: 2.0.12 update? - 4/28/2017 4:12:02 PM   
Capn Darwin

Sorry to hear that. That whole code area is a bear to deal with and a number of attempts to correct have fixed some things and then broke others. If you can get some screen shots of the timing error and a your PBEM turn file we can pass it along to Rob to look at. At this point any corrections and fixes will be moved into the Southern Storm code base. Hopefully with the revamp on orders and such Rob can make cleaner code and eliminate these timing glitches when adjustments are made.

13 Update soon. Everyone is working hard on Southern Storm!

Website still in limbo

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 32
RE: 2.0.12 update? - 5/2/2017 9:59:36 PM   
highlandcharge

Hi guys, I have just been doing some testing with waypoints and delays, I cant find any discrepancies... is it possible the differences between the timing and actual arrival times is caused by unforeseen game events or combat?

Or is the timing weirdness only in pbem games? I only tested single player...

Cheers

(in reply to Capn Darwin)
Post #: 33
RE: 2.0.12 update? - 5/2/2017 10:45:28 PM   
Capn Darwin

Arrival times are sort of an estimate and it is possible that some events may be changing the times. Could also be some weird artifact of being PBEM. Once Rob, gets recovered from his whirlwind tour of Europe and the west coast I'm have him give a better answer. That's his area of code.

13 Update soon. Everyone is working hard on Southern Storm!

Website still in limbo

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations

(in reply to highlandcharge)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> RE: 2.0.12 update? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI