Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 1/16/2017 9:01:17 AM   
Vic

Hi all,

This Beta Patch only works for Matrix version, NOT for Steam version.

1.04 is still PRIVATE BETA. Private beta is much like public beta, except that there is no Matrix installer. It thus also means that it is still in testing and might not be fully stable.

Please do report in this thread if you have installed and running the v1.04 without any issues.

If you are uncomfortable installing files manually or your anti-virus software is not playing ball please wait till this patch goes gold or a matrix public beta patch is created.

If not keep reading... please do...

Install instructions

1. Download the ZIP: http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/BarbarossaPrivateBeta104.zip

2. Find your game directory.

3. Rename your existing Barbarossa.exe to something like Barbarossa_backup.exe

4. Rename your BarbScenarios directory to something like BarbScenarios_backup

5. Unzip the zip downloaded in step 1 and copy the contents inside your game directory.

6. Start the game and verify you have v1.04 in the left-top corner of the main menu. (the scenario setup screen should read in very small print 11th january below the title)

NOTE: That save games are fully compatible between all versions in circulation.
NOTE: Only the items below noted with (E) should kick in with older saved files, for the other fixes to kickin you'd need a fresh start.

Changelist 1.04

Private DC:Barbarossa v1.04 (11th of Jan 2017 - scenario version 25)

-Added the option to view combat results textual instead of graphical (E)

-Fixed the hex graphic swamp - woods transitions

-A bug with the Free SetUp option that allows the German Player a lot more latitude than was intended is fixed.

-Corrected German spelling for all SS Officer Titles

-A few minor spelling corrections for Hugo's War Diary.

-A tool tip added to the Soviet Intel report to avoid confusion as to what it's referring to.

-Tambov and Stalingrad are no longer possible FSB locations which should resolve a couple of issues with AGS and relocating FSB's.

-A bug in the big ball of code that determines Victory conditions where, under certain circumstances, a German Decisive Victory is downgraded to a Draw, Advantage Germany. I suspect that this has been the underlying issue of a few previous forum posts that I attributed to a combination of easy game settings. Fixed.

-Fatigue. It turns out that, while fatigue is only accumulated while slow Divisions are set to a Blitzkrieg posture (correct), it also only applies while in the Blitzkrieg posture (incorrect). If you switch to Sustained Offensive or Defensive postures your slouching, weary, soldaten suddenly spark up and look a lot more alert than they should. Fixed.

We are looking forward to your feedback! even if it is just 'runs fine'

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 1
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 1/16/2017 11:40:11 AM   
Franciscus

Thank you, Vic and Cameron

Just installed and continued a soviet game started in 1.03r. It runs fine

Kudos for the new textual option of displaying results, very nice.

Will try a new german game in the next few days

Regards

Former AJE team member

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 2
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 1/16/2017 11:03:27 PM   
tombo

+1 Thanks!

Pls continue w this wonderful game.

cheers

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 3
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 1/19/2017 11:25:06 AM   
Templer_12

You are one of the most dedicated game developers I know!
Just for your continuous updates and patches long after the release, your games are worth every penny.

Thank you

(in reply to tombo)
Post #: 4
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 1/22/2017 10:21:03 PM   
Philippeatbay

Playing in 1.04:

Relationship with von Leeb had been negative for a while, and was still negative at the start of the turn. Screenshot was taken after decisions (Have a word, Headquarters visit) turned things around.

Does this look correct? Shouldn't it be possible for von Leeb to give command focus to a panzer group if his relationship with Halder has just become positive?

(In game terms it's moot because Halder doesn't have enough PP to play the focus card).

< Message edited by Philippe at bay -- 1/22/2017 10:22:34 PM >

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 5
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 1/22/2017 11:36:54 PM   
lancer

Hi Philippe,

This is one of the kinks of the game. The Focus situation is taken from the start of the turn, whereas your relationship has since changed as a result of a decision.

To make all the various factors (there's quite a few) fully dynamic and responsive to all decisions, as you take them, would involve a significant processing overhead (there's a lot of things that need changing) and, when I tried it, I ended up with a noticeable lag and I'm somebody with a fast computer.

The trade-off is that everything is correct at the start of a turn and the game runs smoothly.

What I should do is put some additional text in the tool tip to highlight that the focus is 'start of turn' only.

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 6
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 1/28/2017 8:02:32 AM   
Meteor2

Your support as devs, long after release, is remarkable.
That makes me very confident, to buy your next release.

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 7
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 2/3/2017 10:28:30 PM   
Franciscus

Hi

Just noticed something that may or not be WAD, and has been like that, I think, from the beginning.

I switched my 4th PG to sustained offensive posture. I had previously played the "envelopment" card, which is in effect. Switching to Sustained Pffensive from Blitzkrieg, though, makes only available the "manouevre" and "inspire" cards.

So, in practice, I am keeping a blitzkrieg card ("envelopment") in effect although I have switched to Sustained Offensive

WAD ?

Former AJE team member

(in reply to Meteor2)
Post #: 8
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 2/4/2017 5:44:47 AM   
lancer

Hi Franciscus,

WAD. Strictly speaking the blitzkrieg card shouldn't carry over but the practical fiddliness of having to remove it and notify the Player in this situation isn't worth the aggravation as it would likely lead to confusion when Players notice that they no longer have the bonus and hunt around for a reason why ('cause they've missed the original notification).

The idea of the officer cards in DC3 is that you only have to deal with a few, meaningful, decisions and that they are fire and forget. Anything that introduces special, contradictory, cases goes against the grain.

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 9
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 2/4/2017 12:34:48 PM   
Gribeauval

For now, I have played this new version without any issues.

Regards.

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 10
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 2/24/2017 5:34:02 PM   
rocketman71

Don't know if I've missed something, but what is the ETA for this patch and will it eventually make its way to the Steam version? I'm holding off starting a new game if the patch will be released fairly soon.

(in reply to Gribeauval)
Post #: 11
RE: Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 - 2/26/2017 1:30:59 AM   
lancer

Hi Rocketboy,

There are actually two patches (see the recent post 'forthcoming update'. This one is making it's way through the system and will probably be official within a week or two. When the second patch comes out and when either, or both combined, turn up on steam is in the hands of Vic and the publisher.

There's a pipeline that goes something like this; private beta patch -> public beta patch -> official patch -> steam patch. It takes a while

Cheers,
Cameron

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Private Beta Barbarossa v1.04 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI