Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Limited emissions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Limited emissions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Limited emissions - 1/14/2017 2:50:18 PM   
Chris21wen

This seems like a simple question but I've always struggled with this term. How do you implement it?
Post #: 1
RE: Limited emissions - 1/14/2017 3:20:32 PM   
mikmykWS

You mean intermittent sensors?

Can do this in lua or the event editor (mission switching) using conditional logic.

We don't strictly do the on and off thing that Harpoon did at set or varied intervals mostly because it doesn't really address why this is done. Our methods let you do that.

If you just want to set then on or off its in the ROE settings for unit, mission or side.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Limited emissions - 1/14/2017 10:59:23 PM   
Cik

are you asking how you implement limited emissions? just set your EMCON to passive on all of your side/missions/etc

limited in this context just means don't use radar/jammers under specific circumstances. it's more on the "roleplaying" side of the game, not something that's written in stone as far as i know. (not that it isn't often a good idea to follow the briefing's EMCON, for a variety of reasons)

tl;dr if you see state B (limited emissions) just make sure most of your forces aren't emitting radar unless absolutely required and you're good.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Limited emissions - 1/16/2017 5:13:42 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

You mean intermittent sensors?

Can do this in lua or the event editor (mission switching) using conditional logic.

We don't strictly do the on and off thing that Harpoon did at set or varied intervals mostly because it doesn't really address why this is done. Our methods let you do that.

If you just want to set then on or off its in the ROE settings for unit, mission or side.

Thanks!

Mike

Back to this LUA thing. Seems I've some more reading to do.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
RE: Limited emissions - 1/16/2017 8:34:03 PM   
Gunner98

There are several other ways of implementing the rather 'lose term' given in many briefings:

-Tick the box on the mission editor 'active emissions only in patrol zone' or something like that, keeps AC from lighting up their radars as they take off.

-Keeping units at low altitude until they are well away from a task group

-Sending out a maritime patrol AC from a shore base with radars on in support of a TG that is not emitting

-Using ELINT to localize a target and then hitting it with Active Radar just before firing then going passive again.

Etc, etc. There are lots of ways to interpret this guidance.

B

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Limited emissions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI