Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question Strat Bombing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Question Strat Bombing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question Strat Bombing - 1/5/2017 3:28:30 PM   
VigaBrand

Hi all,
I'm fairly new to this game and I had some questions about strat bombing.
First of all, some had no strat. bomb before 1943. Why?

Second:
I had a game as japan with strat bomb allow (only exception from and out of China).
In my previous day I take Babo (20 oil) and on the next day it would be bombed by 11 Hudson bombers and they destroy 16 oil (okay, it is damage).
How could I avoid a seriously attack against the DEI Oil industry? Is there any japanese fighter which could protect my oil fields from B-17 in the early games?
Should I change my game partner?

Post #: 1
RE: Question Strat Bombing - 1/5/2017 4:12:56 PM   
Yaab

ad 2) Any fighter will do i.e Nates. The will not shoot down B-17s, but will damage them and disrupt their targeting. Also an AA unit would be nice. Same reason - disrupting the bombers' targeting.

As for China, what should not be bombed are LI and Resources, but Manpower (terror bombing of the Chinese population) and HI (Chinese arsenals) should be a fair game.

(in reply to VigaBrand)
Post #: 2
RE: Question Strat Bombing - 1/5/2017 10:50:03 PM   
rustysi

You start with a few Oscar's which will do the trick against anything but the B-17E. Yes, I've had them shoot down the 17D's, maybe that's because their crews were lousy. As said some AAA will help, but you must bring this with your invasion fleet, which I do. I addition you have a number of small engineer units that contain AS devices (air support to repair A/C). I fly them and the A/C in the day I take the place so that I'll have air support over the base immediately.

In addition you get a number of AV and CS vessels. When carriers are not available you can use the Pete's on these craft to act as a sort of ersatz CAP. Put them in the base hex. They won't shot anything down, but they will disrupt enough to throw his aim off, so to speak. Remember though these must not be put up against any enemy fighters. They will be slaughtered.

< Message edited by rustysi -- 1/5/2017 10:53:58 PM >

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 3
RE: Question Strat Bombing - 1/5/2017 11:08:00 PM   
Anachro

As others have said, your best weapon against enemy bombers (especially the heavy duty ones like the Liberator, Fortress, or Super Fort) is disrupting them, not necessarily shotting them down. Cap/AA are your best friends in this regard. Try placing AA units in strategic locations where you have refineries, etc; and always keep a healthy CAP in such areas susceptible to enemy strike.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Question Strat Bombing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI