Feature request for patch

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Malor

Feature request for patch

Post by Malor »

Please add more columns to the loss report and separate out Allied/Axis minors units from the primary country columns to make it easier to see what has been lost and by the country that lost it.

If possible, each individual country should have their own column by separation in to major/minor columns should be enough.

Thanks.
Malor
Hotschi

RE: Feature request for patch

Post by Hotschi »

+1
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

+1
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

Please add something that will tell us what the weather is when we mouse over a hex. The current display does not work for people who use lower resolutions, and sometimes not for those who use the most detailed resolutions. The lower left side of the panel, which shows the weather, is often cut off and not in view.
saber255

Post by saber255 »

Also if they could add Railroad tracks to the hexs you mouse over. to show if any are there or not
Titan

Post by Titan »

I like the inclusions of light Tanks as per World in Turmoil Mod with them only having one strike capability
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: saber1

Also if they could add Railroad tracks to the hexs you mouse over. to show if any are there or not

Yes please, showing roads and rail tracks in the enlarged mouseovrr review would be helpful, if feasible
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
morelyn

Post by morelyn »

ORIGINAL: vaalen

Please add something that will tell us what the weather is when we mouse over a hex. The current display does not work for people who use lower resolutions, and sometimes not for those who use the most detailed resolutions. The lower left side of the panel, which shows the weather, is often cut off and not in view.

+1

I get no weather indications (other than the graphical one) with my resolution.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

It works okay for me at 1920 x 1080, though I do understand others are having issues at other resolutions
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
morelyn

Post by morelyn »

Two small things:

If I have the research dialog open, allow me to click on another dialog, say Purchase, without having to first close the research dialog.

When I say quit, I mean quit. I don't mean go to a second window where I have to click on quit again, watch credits scroll by until I click, and then have to click off a third window. :) If you like, put in another option to go to the main menu.

Small things that make a UI great. It's not a bad UI already though.
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: Morelyn

Two small things:

If I have the research dialog open, allow me to click on another dialog, say Purchase, without having to first close the research dialog.

When I say quit, I mean quit. I don't mean go to a second window where I have to click on quit again, watch credits scroll by until I click, and then have to click off a third window. :) If you like, put in another option to go to the main menu.

I was thinking exactly the same thing last night, I otherwise think it's a pretty good UI
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

Two small things:

+1
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
morelyn

Post by morelyn »

Another request, this one pretty important.

Doesn't there need to be an order of battle available for each nation? Just a screen showing how many units of each type I own would be fine.
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Another request, this one pretty important.

Doesn't there need to be an order of battle available for each nation? Just a screen showing how many units of each type I own would be fine.

That would be very nice, per nation
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

ORIGINAL: vaalen

+1

I get no weather indications (other than the graphical one) with my resolution.

+1

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Malor

Post by Malor »

Two small things:

This would be great. Games for Windows should use actual windows.

I also want the game to be able to play in an actual window. I'm tired of scrolling off the game to another screen and watching the map scroll to the edge. Once mouse focus is off the game, the map should not move.

Malor
Benedict151

Post by Benedict151 »

Thanks all for these suggestions, there are some we'll add to the 'update' list for sure

Playing in windowed mode is already on the list (and close to the top of 'things to be done') so hopefully it will come but we'd like to get PBEM done first

regards
Ben Wilkins
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

Thanks all for these suggestions, there are some we'll add to the 'update' list for sure

Playing in windowed mode is already on the list (and close to the top of 'things to be done') so hopefully it will come but we'd like to get PBEM done first

regards
Ben Wilkins

Great stuff!
ILCK

Post by ILCK »

Small thing but for HQ two other options:
Detach All
Auto - Land

The first is self explanatory I feel like most turns I am reallocating units and trying to sort through if I have multiple HQs in the same area is a pain.
Auto - Land would run auto mode but prioritize land units. Auto is often good enough but I rarely want the air units attached.
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: ILCK

Small thing but for HQ two other options:
Detach All
Auto - Land

The first is self explanatory I feel like most turns I am reallocating units and trying to sort through if I have multiple HQs in the same area is a pain.
Auto - Land would run auto mode but prioritize land units. Auto is often good enough but I rarely want the air units attached.

Interesting, I tend to prioritize the air units, as replacements are expensive

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”