From: Santa Rosa, CA
Attached you'll find a hotfix zip file for those of you using the public beta version. This contains a 1.09.02 public beta version exe file. Just unzip this into your Gary Grigsby's War in the East directory that contains your exe file. We hope to have a normal public beta installer update available by the middle of January once Matrix returns from their holiday break. Thanks to morvael for his continued work on WitE. Here's his changelog for this version:
1. Changed the way current turn losses are calculated and displayed. No longer they are reset after the first visit to the losses screen. Current turn losses (for both players) are now automatically reset at the start of each logistics phase. However, previous values of current turn losses are recorded just before that reset, and are added to the current values in the appropriate column on the losses screen. This means that for every player current turn losses show losses incurred since the start of the enemy player’s logistics phase. Unfortunately, due to data constraints current turn losses for individual ground elements and aircraft include only the losses since the start of last logistics phase. This information may not be accurate during the first two player turns for ongoing games.
2. Half of elements damaged during the current turn will no longer sometimes count as losses for the purposes of victory calculations, only permanent losses will count.
3. Reduced the chance of manpower factories being lost when a city suffered damage or (especially) was captured.
4. Occupied city manpower attrition will now happen only to German cities before 1/45, and Soviet cities (with the exception of cities considered to be part of Finland and Rumania) before 1/43.
5. Axis player will now get information about the total population that has migrated in their logistics phase log, just like the Soviet player. Also, both sides will now get information about the total population that is missing. This information may not be accurate for ongoing games.
6. Increased maximum shipping and amphibious capabilities of both sides by 50% to take into account increased unit load costs. The speed at which shipping and amphibious points are accumulated was not changed.
7. German aircraft production will be no longer reduced to 75% of ground production in 1945.
8. Reverted new feature #10 and #16 from 1.09.01, since they reduced bombing efficiency too much and altered inter-plane type balance.
1. Fixed a bug where the number of damaged men was fluctuating up and down while combat was observed on higher message level setting. The game will no longer try to add an estimate of men that may become disabled once damaged elements will be lost or returned to the pool during next friendly logistics phase. Only really disabled men will now count as damaged.
2. Fixed a bug where only the last set of AA weapons fired was displayed in combat report, when multiple flights (batch of planes from a single air group) flew during a single air mission.
3. Fixed a bug where scroll button would not appear on offline combat report for city bombing missions. It should now appear more often, but there is no guarantee it will work every time.
4. Fixed a bug where hidden log was exported to the text file.
5. Fixed a bug where the percentage of supply on hand at the start of resupply was unnecessarily doubled.
6. Fixed a bug where HQ units (including air bases and rail repair units) were forcing partisans to relocate upon being unloaded.
7. Fixed a bug where isolated city manpower attrition might have been improperly calculated in case of multiple manpower factories in the same city, and also recorded as lost by a wrong player.
8. Fixed a bug where damaged (or captured) city manpower attrition might have been recorded as lost by a wrong player.
9. Fixed a bug where occupied city manpower attrition for Axis cities happened during Soviet logistics phase.
10. Fixed a bug where truck changes might not have been properly recorded for some withdrawing Soviet units (though they rarely withdraw, at least in campaigns).
11. Fixed a bug where entrained combat units that have retreated from battle were not detrained.
12. Fixed a bug where it was possible to move units stopped at sea to an adjacent land hex using normal movement, bypassing amphibious restrictions.
13. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to continue naval/amphibious movement of units stopped at sea.
14. Fixed a bug where it was possible to unload units at sea.
15. Fixed a bug where Soviet motorized divisions were not given new number upon being reformed as or upgraded to rifle divisions, if there already was another rifle division with the same number.
16. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to assign an existing support unit from higher HQ(s) using the “ASSIGN” function, if that support unit’s TOE was not yet available.
17. Fixed a bug where depleted units were not automatically relocated (or destroyed if isolated) like routed units, and could be attacked, but didn’t show up in battle report (resulting in battles with no one, if all of the defending units were depleted).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard