Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 24 [25]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 5/27/2018 9:06:52 PM   
AllenK

Hoping to place the forts in Singapore. Not sure if they would go to Bayonne but if they do, may be interesting. It'll depend on what the Axis appear to be planning after France.

(in reply to Mayhemizer)
Post #: 721
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/7/2018 7:47:58 AM   
Mayhemizer

Game 1

Germany has NAV Do 217K in France, it can go to BoB box 2 covered by FW190, all Italian planes are OOS in rain. Or it can port attack UK, there are good targets in Plymouth (no AA) and Liverpool. Allies can intercept with fighters, but war is always dangerous.

Or should I wait and Italy rebases NAVs to supply (for BoB ot port attack) and Germany sends FW190 that reaches target we choose (Plymouth or BoB)?

Germany wants to move few land units and rebase some planes. So both combined or land move are possible.

Edit: I prefer taking land action and adjust line more.

< Message edited by Mayhemizer -- 6/7/2018 7:50:36 PM >

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 722
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/9/2018 1:21:32 PM   
AllenK

If you want to do the port attack, I think it will have to be this impulse. My guess is those TRANS in Plymouth will load up and be gone in the next Allied impulse. It'll have to go in at -2 but if it gets through with decent surprise points .... Biscay would be more even.

Have thought of a little side adventure which might make an interesting diversion. How about Italy loading the German MAR unit and sailing with the fleet to the West Med? Then invade the hex with the P-47B. It'll put Wavell OOS and if Italy has a bit of luck with planes in East Med, all the Allied units in Libya. Italy rebase the Stuka down there. If Wavell can be ground struck it would be an easy kill.

I think there needs to be a unit in Bordeaux. Perhaps rail the INF from Rome.

(in reply to Mayhemizer)
Post #: 723
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/9/2018 2:00:14 PM   
Mayhemizer

OK for all! Do you need some INF division? I think there is German div close by.

Germany takes land action. You can port strike Plymouth, no ground strikes or rail moves. I do land moves.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 724
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/9/2018 5:01:09 PM   
AllenK

M/A 43 Axis 7

Germany and Japan land. Italy combined.

German Do-217's decide on a day-trip to tour the historic naval dockyards of Plymouth. Do the Allies wish to scrutinise traval permits with either the RAF Spitfire IX at Plymouth or the USAAF P-51B east of Portsmouth. No German fighters available to counter.

(in reply to Mayhemizer)
Post #: 725
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/9/2018 5:23:36 PM   
Mayhemizer

Wrong thread?

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 726
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/9/2018 5:29:51 PM   
AllenK

Fool of a Took

< Message edited by AllenK -- 6/9/2018 5:30:12 PM >

(in reply to Mayhemizer)
Post #: 727
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/10/2018 3:44:58 PM   
Mayhemizer

quote:

Have thought of a little side adventure which might make an interesting diversion. How about Italy loading the German MAR unit and sailing with the fleet to the West Med? Then invade the hex with the P-47B. It'll put Wavell OOS and if Italy has a bit of luck with planes in East Med, all the Allied units in Libya. Italy rebase the Stuka down there. If Wavell can be ground struck it would be an easy kill.

Hello

We cannot invade to that hex, only to hexes adjacent to dark blue water.

And invasion to any hex in Tunisia is 5:2 and Allies can send easily that 2 points ground support. Italy can fire 4 points shore bombardment, that would give final odds 9:4. I don't think that is good enough to make invasion.

If Italians would have taken German division too and more ships, we could get odds up to 12:4 = 3:1.

Did I miss something, or should we abort this and land MAr back to Italy?

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 728
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/10/2018 3:54:18 PM   
AllenK

Scrub it. I'd forgotten about the +1 for invading from the 0-box. May as well disembark the MAR back to La Spezia. No point in risking it.

(in reply to Mayhemizer)
Post #: 729
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/20/2018 6:05:53 AM   
Mayhemizer

Game 1

Not much we can do in bad weather. Or at this stage of war...

Germany takes land.

Germany rail MAR div from Munich to La Spezia.

Germany makes minor winter offensive in southern USSR to kill MIL and CAV div.

Is there anything Japan can do? I took a look but didn't see much. Can they send any ships to fight somewhere? Or should they wait for summer and the try sink US ships?

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 730
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/21/2018 7:19:55 PM   
AllenK

Nothing much for Japan. How about Italy and Japan pass to give 60% to end the turn?

(in reply to Mayhemizer)
Post #: 731
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/21/2018 8:38:35 PM   
Mayhemizer

I prefer Allies and turn for initiative purposes, I don’t think they can do much next impulse, or can they? If there is nothing to do, Italy and Japan can choose some action but not do anything.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 732
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/25/2018 4:18:54 PM   
AllenK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mayhemizer

I prefer Allies and turn for initiative purposes, I don’t think they can do much next impulse, or can they? If there is nothing to do, Italy and Japan can choose some action but not do anything.

Couple of things that can be done. I'll risk two more CP's to South China Sea. If turn ends or Allies fail to find if it doesn't, I'll get better production. Also going to send 3 CA's and lift the 3 Divs. Disembark 2-4 Div to Batavia, 1-4 Div to Saigon and MAR Div to Legaspi.

I'll do a couple of Italian land moves. Can you rebase the two NAV in France north to put them in supply but keep them in range to provide support to the south?

< Message edited by AllenK -- 6/25/2018 4:31:48 PM >

(in reply to Mayhemizer)
Post #: 733
RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) - 6/25/2018 5:19:25 PM   
Mayhemizer

Yes, I will rebase them.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 734
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 23 24 [25]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: ALLENK, MAYHEMIZER AND THEIR ALLIES ONLY (Reverse AAR) Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 24 [25]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI