Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with "The First of Many"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Help with "The First of Many" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with "The First of Many" - 12/22/2016 8:28:20 AM   
Gerry

Saw Mad Russian's AAR but I still did not do well - a marginal loss. So looking for some tips playing as the Jerries.

I ended up losing too many tanks. Plus a lot had track damage early on and later ended up with 0% mobility.

I assume the Russian vehicle had more cover around the farm and trees. I had some tanks in the field near the road plus on the road itself.

1. How do you move tanks successfully on a road - do you start by regrouping into line formation for example.
2. What can you do when the leader's tank has 0% mobility and thus affects movement of the platoon? So tanks wasted a lot of time trying to get around the stalled vehicle.
3. If I was hull down I would avoid the track damage. Not sure how to do that (is there an option that seeks it for example)?
4. Should my PzIIBs do better than the BA-10 (I can check the data too - I am just not familiar with these tanks yet).

Any tips appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Help with "The First of Many" - 12/22/2016 10:32:53 PM   
Mobius

1. You can make up to three way points by holding the CNTL key down and clicking the mouse at each point. Do this for each tank when they are in tight situations. Run them down the road in 2 by 2 formation.
3. There aren't many places to get hulldown. Keep your tanks tight together as this is a shootout at the OK corral situation.
4. The Russian armored cars are slightly better than the PZIIB but two panzers beat a single AC. Try to get them all abreast firing at the same time when the Russians are in sight. The main drawback with these rapid firing tanks is that they run out of ammo fast. Hopefully you won't have to finish off the last Russian with just HE and machineguns.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 12/22/2016 10:35:27 PM >

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with "The First of Many" - 12/23/2016 3:10:10 PM   
Gerry

Thanks. What can you do with movement orders when the leader's tank is immobile as it is a hierarchical ordering system?

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with "The First of Many" - 12/24/2016 2:06:38 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Thanks. What can you do with movement orders when the leader's tank is immobile as it is a hierarchical ordering system?

You should still be able to give the command tank an Engage order. Engage-->Hold. then you can give your sub units Engage --> Move orders

Thanks
Rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 12/24/2016 2:07:23 AM >

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 4
RE: Help with "The First of Many" - 12/24/2016 9:53:25 AM   
Gerry

Merry Christmas.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Help with "The First of Many" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI