As an old war gamer (1st board war game 1965, 1st computer game, mainframe 1974) I like this
game a lot. It fits well into what I like in a game, thanks devs well done.
I do have a few things I would add or change for gameplay or history, and some may have been
posted before so sorry if I repeat something that's been talked to death already. I am not
looking for answers or changes and if any of these things are in the game already please tell
me so I can learn.
now in no particular order other then the way they came to mind.
1. Engineers should have more jobs. Build/destroy railroads would be nice, upgrade ports and
add more sides to an already fortified hex, Etc.
2. Operate movement cost should not only be based on unit type but also unit size and
distance should figure in. ie, it should cost more to transport a size 10 Inf then a 5
Inf. and it should cost more to transport a unit from Paris to Moscow then from Berlin
3. U-boats need to dive away more or take less damage, the war in the Atlantic (on normal)
is almost always over by the end of 1940. maybe start the German boats at level 1.
4. Weather, the weather in a hex should show in the hex info on the main bottom display.
A weather map added into the map section along with war and convoy maps.
AI seems to get a weather break, clear on my turn, rainy on the AIs, and their ships
seem to always be in the rain hex even when many clear hexes in the area, how convenient.
5. Manpower limits should be a thing.
6. Map. A. 1 more zoom level between far out and next in, can't move ships in one step, or
can't see the ships when they run into something off screen.
B. Center on action, the afore mentioned ship action and Russian winter effects are
two of the times this comes into play. Also center on deploying units' capitol.
C. Show convoy routes on far out zoom.
D. Be able to move or minimize the bottom display so bottom of the map can be seen.
7. Axis should be able to use the Red sea to Persian gulf sea route if they control the Suez.
Allies should be able to use the Gibraltar path if Spain is axis and Gibraltar is captured.
8. What are the Shell production and Synth oil research for? Also U-boat pens?
9. Not sure if this is a bug or just something to work around but I noticed that if you move
a unit by transport using extended movement you can unload into an empty port but if you
move the transport to the port and have to move a unit out of the port you then can't
unload the transport.
That's it, just the muses of a old man.