Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Switzerland?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Switzerland? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Switzerland? - 12/21/2016 8:49:40 AM   
Boonierat1972

Anybody tried invading the country seems like a tough nut to crack with all the fortifications (although blitzing Bern seems doable...). If yes, how many MPPs can you expect to get, and what are the diplomatic consequences?
Post #: 1
RE: Switzerland? - 12/21/2016 12:57:15 PM   
Yogol

I once declared war on it, after saving my game, just for the heck of it and... ALL those fortifications are occupied with armies or corpses. But they are all forces without tech and only at strength 5, so once you got decent bombers and tanks, you rip through them. It gives you 3 cities, so that's decent, I suppose.

(in reply to Boonierat1972)
Post #: 2
RE: Switzerland? - 12/21/2016 3:36:20 PM   
ILCK

As the Allies I diplomacied them until they joined. Worked nicely to get behind the Germans.

(in reply to Yogol)
Post #: 3
RE: Switzerland? - 12/21/2016 11:06:22 PM   
Hartmann

It's something I always try at least once in any such game, just to see how it is handled. I didn't come around to do it yet in SC3, though. In my opinion, it should be very well possible, but not worthwhile (mainly because of the time it deducts from your tight schedule). Hitler had alot of good reasons to leave Switzerland alone, but the country being an impregnable "mountain fortress" is a myth.

(in reply to ILCK)
Post #: 4
RE: Switzerland? - 12/24/2016 6:28:18 AM   
Yogol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartmann

It's something I always try at least once in any such game, just to see how it is handled. I didn't come around to do it yet in SC3, though. In my opinion, it should be very well possible, but not worthwhile (mainly because of the time it deducts from your tight schedule). Hitler had alot of good reasons to leave Switzerland alone, but the country being an impregnable "mountain fortress" is a myth.

I don't know... when playing against a human, I will take Swiss -in one turn- right after I get France to surrender. It won't take a lot of time, because the troops are near.

And it will prevent Swiss from joining the Allies at an inconvenient time. Swiss has a lot of troops in there: a human player can cause ALOT of havoc with it if you let them run around.

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 5
RE: Switzerland? - 12/24/2016 10:00:25 AM   
Hartmann

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartmann

I don't know... when playing against a human, I will take Swiss -in one turn- right after I get France to surrender. It won't take a lot of time, because the troops are near.

And it will prevent Swiss from joining the Allies at an inconvenient time. Swiss has a lot of troops in there: a human player can cause ALOT of havoc with it if you let them run around.

If it takes just one turn, maybe the entrenchments etc should be boosted. And Switzerland should be very hard to influence diplomatically - especially for the Allies.

(in reply to Yogol)
Post #: 6
RE: Switzerland? - 12/24/2016 11:52:23 AM   
Cohen_slith

With the level of technology Switzerland should be pretty "easy" to take. The problem would be more potential partisan activity that would have occupation forces being in hell.
With the Luftwaffe mountain passes and so forth are not exactly that tenable (as the famous Thermopilae in Greece proved, where the Brits tried to make some resistance to no avail).

I fully agree though Switzerland instead should be very hard to influence. And I believe Germany should have an economical interest in -not- invading it instead (banking and so forth - it was one of their few "open doors" to the rest of the world.).

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Switzerland? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI