Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TotH running slow

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> TotH running slow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TotH running slow - 12/18/2016 3:46:24 PM   
Hailstone

Hello. Having problem completing scenario because the game has slowed down significantly with long pauses in moving units between hexes. Tried re-booting system then start TotH with the latest save but the problem seems to be preserved in the saved game file so it drags from the beginning just like where I left off. Don't know if the problem is with the game or my PC.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: TotH running slow - 12/18/2016 3:51:07 PM   
rico21

I hope this time that it is a scenario to Paullus

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 2
RE: TotH running slow - 12/18/2016 4:10:57 PM   
Big Ivan

It seems to me that when a scenario has "unlimited day visibility" and a large map 2x3 or bigger the game slows
down dramatically but is still playable but at a much slower rate.
With that having been said, I design my scenarios with day visibility set to no more than 20-24 hexes.
This seems to help a lot in the CPU processing.

Back after Tigers on the Hunt came out earlier this year I thought there was a thread about decreasing visibility because the game engine
would process faster not having to check visibility from one fixed point to every hex on the map.

Just saying for what its worth.

Cheers!

Blitz call sign Ivan the Big.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 3
RE: TotH running slow - 12/18/2016 4:18:12 PM   
rico21

+1

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 4
RE: TotH running slow - 12/18/2016 4:59:47 PM   
Paullus

Could you tell us which scenario it is?

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 5
RE: TotH running slow - 12/18/2016 6:48:11 PM   
Hailstone

It was scenario Hill 621 using Update 2 and an ASL mod. Problem started around turn 4-5 of a 10 turn game as I played the Russians. There's lots of counters with this scenario. Too bad it's too slow to finish scenario. Thanks.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 6
RE: TotH running slow - 12/18/2016 8:10:01 PM   
Paullus

Hailstone you CPU is working at full speed here so you need to try to help it. Close any background program that might be running and in game, turn off Sound and Sound FX. The Scenario itself seems to be fine and have a Day Light Visibility of 12 hexes, which should help.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 7
RE: TotH running slow - 12/18/2016 11:06:22 PM   
Hailstone

Okay, good to know. Luckily, it was a rare occurrence playing TotH so I'm still good with the game. Thanks for the assistance.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 8
RE: TotH running slow - 12/20/2016 1:14:12 PM   
Medic535

I'm having the same problem but with Rico's Stalingrad scenario. Everything was fine until turn 5 or 6, now there seems to be a 10 or 15 second delay for every action. CPR us running around 29 or 30%. It also won't scroll to the right. You can scroll to the left just fine but have to use the jump map to get to the right again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 9
RE: TotH running slow - 12/20/2016 1:44:57 PM   
zakblood

lets take a look,

8gb of ram for the win 10 pro 64bit system, with 4gb shared with the video card, if you have the option in the bios to not share any, i'd do that and free up the system ram, as windows will use it better, as the extra for the video card, makes it worse not better, as most cards now days have DDR5 memory, where as most pc's still use DDR3, 4 if your lucky

next your using a dual display, which is all well and good, but this also slows down the cards and system overall, just check your task manager when the game is running, as when the system is idle,

for me 3% cpu and 20% memory is ok for normal every day online work, forums etc, web pages, add in a game as well and maybe you will get 25% cpu and 40+% memory, any more and your running low on resources, if it gets to 70/90+% and game will or could hang, or slow down to a crawl, as it's low on resources and then you need to add more, or free up what you have.

disabling start up processors does this, with less equaling more free, adding more memory also may help on larger ones, for continued use.

and a clean install of windows 10 is again much better than an upgraded to windows 10 version, as no junk taken over, good luck

< Message edited by zakblood -- 12/20/2016 1:46:36 PM >

(in reply to Medic535)
Post #: 10
RE: TotH running slow - 12/20/2016 1:54:33 PM   
Medic535

Thanks! I'll see what I can do to tweak the system.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> TotH running slow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI