- Here are the errors logs from a single 39-44 campaign, I'm not sure they are all hardware configs related:
[12/21/2016 5:21:35; 6.2.9200; 1920x1080x32(1); v1.00] FAILED(draw_background_to_buffer_dc):
[12/21/2016 5:27:39; 6.2.9200; 1920x1080x32(1); v1.00] FAILED(draw_unit_controlled_movement_path_to_buffer):
[12/22/2016 10:08:15; 6.2.9200; 1920x1080x32(1); v1.00] FAILED(draw_background_to_buffer_dc):
[12/22/2016 11:34:04; 6.2.9200; 1920x1080x32(1); v1.00] FAILED(draw_working_text_to_screen):
[12/23/2016 4:54:44; 6.2.9200; 1920x1080x32(1); v1.00] FAILED(initialize_weather_border_surface): Segmentation violation
- When you start the game try to load a single player saved game, if you mistakenly select the wrong game (the file requester doesn't list the most recent at the top of the list), then if yo press "ESC" on the second page "options" to attempt to go back,I have a CTD every time. a bit brutal IMHO.
BTW the files requester looks neat, but is not so convenient. No scrollbar!!! double clicking or pressing "Return" doesn't validate!.
- You can recover from UI freeze by pressing the "ESC" key. Still I'm puzzled how this error made it to the commercial release!
Some time I want to upgrade a tech or purchase a new unit and I have to repeat opening the corresponding tab and pressing "ESC" to unfreeze 3 or more times in a row before it works (maximum 5 attempts to get it to works properly).
- When you select a unit and click Upgrade, the pop-up window for upgrade works fine displaying "+1, +2, ..." as you click on the small yellow arrows.
But if you select Reinforce, the yellow arrows do not update the "+n" value in real time, the cost is properly updated for each step but the "+n" is either "0" or "Max".
- I also had some graphical glitches like part of the screen displayed in Zoom out mode while a smaller part of the display was still in medium zoom.i.e. two different levels of zoom at once. This one could be hardware related.
- Those are all technical issues, but after a single playthrough I also suspect some gameplay glitches or bugs.
In my game as the Axis, after swaying Finland and Spain to the axis side, I invested 5 chits in Turkey, which gives a 25%/turn chance of pro-axis status improvement. Yet from late 41 to January 44 Turkey stayed at 57%??? That makes a whole lot of turns and at 25%/turn I was very much surprised, to say the least, to have zero diplomacy status improvement. I wonder if an in game event Turkey becomes favorable to the Axis as Axis control Iraq somehow wrecked the regular process.
Similarly by the end of the game, the Axis were also dominant on seas, and I was surprised to still loose supply every turns to Allied raiders, as I was pretty sure the convoy route from Norway to Germany was cleared by my DDs. So I reloaded a saved game, set options to no FoW, and confirmed that there were no allied raiders on the route, still the penalty for raiders happened every turns. Here again, the game seems to keep in memory an allied raider on the route while the ships was actually destroyed or moved away ???
All in all, that's why I call it a late Beta, rather than a clean release. Disappointing, we'll see how things evolve.
Not talking about the promised MP feature (a significant omission) and just about what is in the first release.