Pilot Activation Question

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

scout1

Pilot Activation Question

Post by scout1 »

Wondering if there is any means to "auto" activate a large number of pilots transferred to an airgroup ? If I have an airgroup that takes massive pilot losses and backfills them from Reserve, I'm stuck activating them one at a time. Is these a means of activating "all" pilots ?
GetAssista

RE: Pilot Activation Question

Post by GetAssista »

Airgroup -> Pilots -> click to get "To pool:Active" in lower right -> click "Release 10 pilots" in lower center until enough
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

ORIGINAL: scout1

Wondering if there is any means to "auto" activate a large number of pilots transferred to an airgroup ? If I have an airgroup that takes massive pilot losses and backfills them from Reserve, I'm stuck activating them one at a time. Is these a means of activating "all" pilots ?

I am guessing you are talking about them being delay of 1 day and needing to be moved to delay 0 so they actively participate in the group.

No, there is not an easy way to auto-activate them. I have found it helpful to click on the delay column so all of the delayed pilots are listed at the top of the group. Then you can right click a name while hovering your finger over the yes button. The list will automatically update so you can pick the 1st or 2nd guy in the list with a delay and keep clicking on that spot and hitting yes until you run out of delayed pilots. It goes pretty fast if you do it this way.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Wargmr

ORIGINAL: scout1

I am guessing you are talking about them being delay of 1 day and needing to be moved to delay 0 so they actively participate in the group.

No, there is not an easy way to auto-activate them. I have found it helpful to click on the delay column so all of the delayed pilots are listed at the top of the group. Then you can right click a name while hovering your finger over the yes button. The list will automatically update so you can pick the 1st or 2nd guy in the list with a delay and keep clicking on that spot and hitting yes until you run out of delayed pilots. It goes pretty fast if you do it this way.
That's old school Wargamr. As the second post states, there is now a new option in the yellow hypertext at the bottom of the pilot screen - the transfer options go Group, then Reserve, then Active, then back to Group. If you put it on Active, you can mass transfer up to 10 pilots at a time to the squadron's on-duty roster from the Group reserve (if they only have a 1 in the delay column). There is no consequence to clicking the "10" button if there are only 7 or 8 pilots to transfer from Group reserve - it will only transfer those eligible.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “The War Room”