Private Beta Patch Warsaw To Paris v.160e

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Vic

Private Beta Patch Warsaw To Paris v.160e

Post by Vic »

Hi all,

This Beta Patch only works for Matrix version, NOT for Steam version.

1.60e is still in PRIVATE BETA. Private beta is much like public beta, except that there is no Matrix installer. It thus also means that it is still in testing and might not be fully stable.

If you are uncomfortable installing files manually or your anti-virus software is not playing ball please WAIT till this patch goes gold or a matrix public beta patch is created.

If not keep reading... please do...

Install instructions

0. Make sure you have the latest version (1.52, 1.6 or higher) installed and fully updated.

1. Download the ZIP: http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/P ... 0e3_v2.zip

2. Find your Warsaw To Paris game directory.

3. Rename your existing WarsawToParis.exe and defaultmod.txt to something like WarsawToParis_backup.exe and defaultmod_backup.txt

4. Unzip the zip downloaded in step 1 and copy the contents inside your game directory. (overwriting where necc.)

5. Start the game and verify you have v1.60d in the left-top corner of the main menu.

Changelist 1.60e3 (v2)
-Added background graphics for the text-only combat reports mode

Changelist 1.60e3
-Fixed missing graphics in the tutorial
-Fixed issues with file size growing out of control in some rare cases

Changelist 1.60d
-Fixed bug with Enemy Hex Ap Penalty not being properly applied in Case Yellow,

Changelist 1.60c
-There was a crash after finishing the campaign. This is fixed in this version.

Changelist 1.60b

-Fixed a nasty supply bug in the 5km/hex scenarios. Big thx to Bobarossa for spotting it.

Changelist 1.60

-Big update of the core code base of Warsaw To Paris fixing loads of minor issues and glitches

-Minimalist Counter option added

-Regime Coloring option added

-In-game resolution changes added

-Possibility for windowed play added through windows.txt config file

-High Speed map scrolling option added

-New variant of Poland 1939 scenario sporting a Hybrid AI (dc2/dc3) to provide you with a new opponent that plays differently than what you where used too!

ps: There was a crash report tm.asp?m=4069353 that I could not reproduce with the latest build. If anybody can let me know exactly how..

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
harry_vdk

RE: Private Beta Patch Warsaw To Paris v.160

Post by harry_vdk »

Hi,

The initial impression is good and without any problem.

Add "Music / SFX" to the startup screen is good and perhaps a option to add also on DC2.
And no more "knipperlicht" labels, dat is heel fijn.

This is one for the holiday's, thanks.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi Vic

There is a problem with the 1.60 beta patch when trying to play the new hybrid AI Poland39 scenario directly from the main menu

The engine searches for: "Poland39hybrid.dc1", but the scenario file is named "Poland39hybridai.dc1"

Simply renaming the scenario file fixes the problem, though. Or loading it directly, of course.

No playtest yet, though

Regards
Former AJE team member
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for spotting that one Franciscus
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

I had started playing with the 1.52g patch as the Germans when I noticed the 1.60 patch. The newer patch seems to use MUCH more supply than the old one. On May 14 with the 1.52 version, I am keeping up with supply requests at 21000 per turn. With the 1.60 patch on the same date, the Germans are requesting 90000 supply from OKH and many units are now at 70 to 80% supply levels.

edit: did some testing. v1.52g: Normal AI difficulty, Normal AI speed, did not move any units
start of May 10: Supply Out request to OKH was 35,273 (how much units request)
May 11: 28,767
May 12: 22,576 (dropping about 6000 per day)

V1.60, Normal AI Difficulty, Fast AI speed (speed names changed between versions; chose fastest), did not move units
Start of May 10: 50,657
May 11: 56032
May 12: 61698
May 13: 67666 (rising about 6000 per day)
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Bobarossa,

Thanks for these test results. I remember having had problems with this as well before uploading the private patch.

Thought I had solved it. Will double check.

Basically you are running out of supplies in v1.60 right?

Best wishes,
Vic
bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

Yes, was well in trouble by 7th turn. I've modded scenario to give me 37000 supplies per turn but have only played 2 turns so far. I didn't realize slow AI speed took so long (~1 hour; a big thank you for letting AI continue running while minimized!).
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for spotting it bobarossa. It was quite nasty, but I fixed it now for 1.60b.

To see the fix in effect you'll have to restart the scenario though. It was a big related to setup of the scenario and the special 5km/hex rules (10km hex is std rules for dc1)

Best wishes,
Vic
bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, it now requires a username and password to start the game!
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

yep, confirmed. It asks for username and password...
Former AJE team member
Vic

Post by Vic »

Sorry guys, I replaced the files the download links points too. Double tested it. Its ok now.

Best wishes,
Vic
Vic

Post by Vic »

By the way player who only own DC:Warsaw to Paris can now also install and play the latest version of the DC:Community Project v0.91b

Best wishes,
Vic
bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

5 turns in and supply not a problem (unless I outrun it). Thank you!
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

I don't know if it is really important (version 1.60b):
- the player can have access to the leaders' pool, but it is useless. You can't replace a leader in this game.
- the player can use the button "create new units", but it is also useless, since he doesn't get any replacements during the game.

Regards.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Gribeauval

- the player can have access to the leaders' pool, but it is useless. You can't replace a leader in this game.
- the player can use the button "create new units", but it is also useless, since he doesn't get any replacements during the game.

Regards.

Thanks for helping out here. I'll aim to fix it asap.
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Thanks for spotting it bobarossa. It was quite nasty, but I fixed it now for 1.60b.

To see the fix in effect you'll have to restart the scenario though. It was a big related to setup of the scenario and the special 5km/hex rules (10km hex is std rules for dc1)

Is this supply bug for the Germans in the French campaign new or restricted to the 1.6 beta patch? I remember reading awhile back a French campaign AAR which ended due to German supply problems. I am just wondering if the bug is also in 1.52g.

The reason I ask is I have a French campaign PBEM planned to start shortly. If there is a bug, I would much rather wait till it is definitely gone rather than start, put in the many hours and have to end the game due to a supply bug. Thanks!
Vic

Post by Vic »

Nope the bug i fixed here was related to the code base change between 1.52 and 1.6

I am not aware of any earlier bugs. I remember a German player having reported problems but never got a savefile to inspect, so it might have been related to supply mismanagement with HQs as well.

If you use the Matrix version (not the Steam) and run into an issue here I can modify your savefile and issue a patch if you find this "ghost" bug, ok?

I can be reached on vic@vrdesigns.net

Best wishes,
Vic
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

If you use the Matrix version (not the Steam) and run into an issue here I can modify your savefile and issue a patch if you find this "ghost" bug, ok?

Ok, great! We have 3 turns left in the Polish campaign. Once we wrap that one up, we will start up the French campaign.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I get a proj.dat type of file if I try to start the game through the old shortcut. However, game works when I created a shortcut of the application file.
Attachments
warsawscreenshot.jpg
warsawscreenshot.jpg (436.88 KiB) Viewed 948 times
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi Again,

One thing to look at changing in my opinion is the "text" results after a battle (battle screen). The script color closely resembles the background color and is very hard to see.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”