Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Overland Movement of Fuel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Overland Movement of Fuel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 8:33:45 PM   
Zoetermeer

I'm confused on this. My read of the manual seems to suggest that it does not happen at all, except if it is needed by HI. The "fuel requested" number on bases has no effect, right? This may be a dumb question but why can't I request overland fuel supply at a base just like with supply?
Post #: 1
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 8:41:46 PM   
GetAssista

You can. Base some ships out of that base, preferrably fuel hogs

(in reply to Zoetermeer)
Post #: 2
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 8:42:03 PM   
Yaab

Your fuel demand is fuelled (haha) by :

-ships in a port or ships having the port as their home port
-presence of fuel-eating industry i.e. Heavy Industry in a hex

All surplus fuel should then go to a base with highest port in a given closed economy (think islands like Australia or Java and Sydney and Sorebaja).

I don't know why the devs didn't include the requirement buttons for fuel. There are no buttons for Resources either.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 12/5/2016 8:50:39 PM >

(in reply to Zoetermeer)
Post #: 3
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 8:44:27 PM   
Zoetermeer

Yeah, the "fuel request" calculation is almost always not the number I want, IMHO. I would love to be able to set that manually.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 4
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 8:47:37 PM   
geofflambert

As far as I know you can and both fuel and oil can move toward desirable destinations overland. I haven't checked the manual to see what you are referring to but my experience is it most definitely does move, but doesn't pool at bases that need neither. For instance oil may show up at intermediate bases on the way to a refinery, but not necessarily, much of it is simply in transit, though slowly. Similarly, fuel may show up at bases that have neither HI or a port, but it is transitory.

(in reply to Zoetermeer)
Post #: 5
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 8:53:26 PM   
Zoetermeer

Oh, I was misreading the manual. It turns out that the word "supply" in the Logistics section is actually overloaded to mean both supply and fuel points.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 6
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 8:55:10 PM   
Yaab

Supply should mean supply and avgas, not supply and fuel.

(in reply to Zoetermeer)
Post #: 7
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 8:59:08 PM   
geofflambert

avgas is a derivative of supply, in the sense that if you have supply you have avgas if you need it. I believe the rules for the movement of oil and fuel are identical, and that they can move overland however slowly.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 8
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/5/2016 11:20:23 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

avgas is a derivative of supply, in the sense that if you have supply you have avgas if you need it. I believe the rules for the movement of oil and fuel are identical, and that they can move overland however slowly.

Supply and fuel and resources flow to where the demand is. Once that demand it getting enough, the taps slow the flow and accumulate any excess at the biggest port within range/access of the flow of materials. Besides flowing over land, a small amount can flow between to ports that are one hex away from each other with adjacent traversable sides (small boat transfers).

So to get some of your other bases to hold more fuel, use more by refuelling ships or loading tankers/AOs. It takes a few days but within a week more will come in to fill the previous demand. Example - the game starts with not much fuel in LA, but I made it my tanker base and started filling tankers there. Within three weeks it held over 1 million fuel stocks and within six weeks it held over three million fuel. That's extreme because the US had virtually unlimited amounts of everything, but you get the idea.

PS - per Alfred - a base will only hold 100 days worth of demand (based on the demand of the previous 30 days) so it will not go on accumulating infinitely.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 9
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/6/2016 4:51:02 AM   
Alfred

Zoetermeer,

Hint, when uncertain about a game element you should search for a relevant post/s of mine on the subject.

Raw material movement and demand is covered extensively in this thread and the sequential hyperlinks I provide.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3909234&mpage=1&key=&#3912478

There are other threads with relevant posts of mine which I leave up to you to locate.

Alfred 

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Overland Movement of Fuel - 12/6/2016 1:17:24 PM   
Yaab

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

So to get some of your other bases to hold more fuel, use more by refuelling ships or loading tankers/AOs. It takes a few days but within a week more will come in to fill the previous demand. Example - the game starts with not much fuel in LA, but I made it my tanker base and started filling tankers there. Within three weeks it held over 1 million fuel stocks and within six weeks it held over three million fuel. That's extreme because the US had virtually unlimited amounts of everything, but you get the idea.

We get the idea. Unlimited amounts of everything, coming to the Home Islands near you!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Overland Movement of Fuel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI