Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the witptracker.properties file ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the witptracker.properties file ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the witptr... - 12/5/2016 1:15:26 PM   
pavel01

I am trying to learn how to better use the very handy WitPTracker AE.
The instruction says to edit the witptracker.properties file entering the name of the savegame file.

My question is, if one changes the savegame file, is it necessary to edit egain that witptracker.properties file, delete the previous file database and re-build a new database with the new savegame file ?

Or is there a way to "change" savegame files and, consequently, databases without having to edit the witptracker.properties file and re-building a new Database for every different savegame file ?

Thanks !!

< Message edited by pavel01 -- 12/5/2016 1:16:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/5/2016 2:41:18 PM   
Yaab

Can't tell - I always use the same savegame slot. Maybe others will chime in and help you.

(in reply to pavel01)
Post #: 2
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/5/2016 2:55:16 PM   
szmike

if you use the same file, there's no need to change properties, otherwise just change save file number there

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 3
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/5/2016 5:03:05 PM   
pavel01

Thanks for the clarification.

My comcerm about using always the same savegame, is that it could preclude the possibility to go back to a previous saved game in case one realized to have done a mistake along the way and may want to correct it. And if I do save several times along the way at important "crossroads", then every time I need to edit the witptracker.properties file and build a new Database as the file changed....

Oh well......

(in reply to szmike)
Post #: 4
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/5/2016 5:11:45 PM   
geofflambert

It could be a good idea to create a file folder for each PBEM especially if you're playing more than one game at a time, each with their own shortcut.

(in reply to pavel01)
Post #: 5
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/5/2016 5:14:52 PM   
pavel01

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

It could be a good idea to create a file folder for each PBEM especially if you're playing more than one game at a time, each with their own shortcut.

Eh, I am quite a way off from play by email, I have just started learing the ins and outs and before trying out an email game I need to get a few campaigns done at least succesfully...

By the way, can anyone suggest a step-by-step tutorial for total newbies ?
Thanks !

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 6
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/5/2016 5:15:27 PM   
Bullwinkle58

You can run as many copies of Tracker as you like.

The Moose

(in reply to pavel01)
Post #: 7
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/6/2016 6:51:30 PM   
Ol_Dog

I have 7 versions of AE, DBB, Babeslite, RA etc in the Matrix directory, each with different maps and art as needed, and each has a copy Tracker.

Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 8
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/6/2016 7:28:25 PM   
pavel01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ol_Dog

I have 7 versions of AE, DBB, Babeslite, RA etc in the Matrix directory, each with different maps and art as needed, and each has a copy Tracker.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are DBB, Babeslite, RA etc. ?
And what do you mean by "different maps and art as needed ?"

Thanks !

(in reply to Ol_Dog)
Post #: 9
RE: WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the wi... - 12/6/2016 7:35:56 PM   
Anachro

quote:

ORIGINAL: pavel01
Excuse my ignorance, but what are DBB, Babeslite, RA etc. ?
And what do you mean by "different maps and art as needed ?"

These are mods for the game. Look in the "Scenario Design and Modding" sub-forum.

(in reply to pavel01)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> WitPTracker AE : Is it needed to always edit the witptracker.properties file ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI