Is the search function broken?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Anachro

Is the search function broken?

Post by Anachro »

It's been awhile since I've searched for anything, but currently I'm having no luck with the forum search function and keep getting an error message saying either nothing was found or my term wasn't specific enough. Am I doing something wrong?? [&:] I get the same error no matter what I type in. I KNOW I've successfully done searches before... frustrating.

"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
haegint

RE: Is the search function broken?

Post by haegint »

Yeah... I have the same problem, finds nothing even for the most ridiculous search term like "and" or something similar... strange.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

haegint, brevity is always preferable. You should have answered "Search me". -- Ernest Hemingway

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Read Post #4.

tm.asp?m=2770064

It's pretty broken. Use Google.
The Moose
haegint

Post by haegint »

LOL, Geoff
[:D] [:D]
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I don't have a ton of problems with the forum's search, but it does return far too many results.

In your screenshot, a potential problem I see is that you have set it to "within 1 year" - change that to "all time".
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Matrix is aware there is a problem and they are investigating, though it's been a week or so since I heard from them.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I don't have a ton of problems with the forum's search, but it does return far too many results.

In your screenshot, a potential problem I see is that you have set it to "within 1 year" - change that to "all time".

For me it worked a little until about two weeks ago. I haven't gotten a return since despite using all the available modes and filters. Google searches have not changed.
The Moose
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

For me it worked a little until about two weeks ago. I haven't gotten a return since despite using all the available modes and filters. Google searches have not changed.

+1
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Searching by "Author" still works so there is no excuse not to find the 300 most recent posts in each subforum from the devs or others such as LoBaron or myself.

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”